[resolved] Is this how hiding books is supposed to work?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27489
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 17 2015 12:06 PM
  1. I hid 6 books or so
  2. A hour later nothing had happened so I assumed a restart was needed
  3. On restart, there was a slight increase in time before the home page "came up" (not enough to matter)
  4. The home page stayed black for about 4 seconds ... it is usually white when building the page
  5. Library shows hidden resources as gone or rather, doesn't show them which means they are gone.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 17 2015 12:32 PM

This is indeed how it always used to work. I was under the impression that in the new beta there wasn't supposed to be a restart required after hiding books (although the release notes aren't very clear on that, so I'm not sure where I got that impression, perhaps because of the note under Known Issues: "Unhiding a resource does not make a resource visible again" so I might have assumed that hiding a resource is supposed to make it invisible right away without a restart; but maybe I'm wrong).

Just to confirm: are you running 6.3 beta 1?

Posts 2152
LogosEmployee

Sorry for the poor communication in the release notes on this issue. Hiding a resource does currently work as it used to (a restart is required). I'm currently in progress on fixing unhiding and ensuring that both of those work correctly without needing a restart, but I'm not certain exactly when this will be ready.

Posts 27489
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 17 2015 2:28 PM

No problem - I just didn't have any expected results to check my actual results against.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 4 2015 2:04 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
I'm currently in progress on fixing unhiding and ensuring that both of those work correctly without needing a restart,

This is implemented in 6.3 Beta 4.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 4 2015 2:13 PM

Dylan Rondeau:

I'm currently in progress on fixing unhiding and ensuring that both of those work correctly without needing a restart,

Thanks, Dylan. Any chance we will someday be able to unhide multiple resources at once?

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 4 2015 2:23 PM

Rosie Perera:
Thanks, Dylan. Any chance we will someday be able to unhide multiple resources at once?

I don't know of any plans for that, but I'll make a case to see if it's something we want to add.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 25188
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 6 2015 7:31 AM

Dylan Rondeau:

See problem with unhide (hide OK).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS