Bibleworks/Logos "contexts"

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 0
Michael Perry | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 25 2010 8:09 AM

Does Logos, either 3 or 4, have a way to handle "contexts" or "trains of thought" that there is in Bibleworks? Bibleworks has both "tabs" and cloning of the program for this purpose. 

I know that Logos has bookmarks and favorites, but this does not seem the same. Or perhaps there is a way to do with Bookmarks and linking!

Thanks!

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 1:46 PM

Did you try clippings? I use favorites to keep all together for the particular study and put there notes, clippings etc. and it works well for me.

Bohuslav

Posts 0
Michael Perry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 1:25 PM

Thanks for the reply!

It does seem that organizing clippings, etc., in the "Favorites" folders would work, yet it still is more complicated than simply clicking a tab and having the locations of various books (bibles, lexicons, etc.) just as I left them, when following another idea. Bibleworks allows me to "freeze" my current work and then follow another idea by holding my current locations "in a tab." I can even save the tab contents to disk. Not sure if I am being clear in my descriptions, my apologies.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 1:34 PM

You can save layouts which will hold the current locations and configurations of the books you have open. Is this what you want to do?

Posts 0
Michael Perry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 1:48 PM

Thanks Kevin,

It will certainly do, no doubt!

Mike

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 1:49 PM

I agree, Layouts saves all tabs and books in current place, we are then free to explore other things and then a single click returns the entire workspace to the desired location.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 1:57 PM

Joe Miller:

I agree, Layouts saves all tabs and books in current place, we are then free to explore other things and then a single click returns the entire workspace to the desired location.

Yes, I have one layout I named MyWork and I always save it when leaving work I want to come back to. It saves everything. Even things on the external monitor. Works great. In Beta you can save it just by right click on the given layout and save last snapshot. It's very convenient IMHO.

Bohuslav

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 2:09 PM

I am loving all the improvements coming through the beta right now Yes

Posts 10847
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 6:35 AM

Joe Miller:

I am loving all the improvements coming through the beta right now Yes

I don't have time for Alpha (Mac), Beta (Windows), regular Bible Study, and my job. So, stop tempting me, Joe. Geeked

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 7:52 AM

I am not dong Beta testing for Windows either Jack... just trying to follow along to see what is coming next in the Mac Cool

Posts 3751
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:01 AM

Joe Miller:

I am not dong Beta testing for Windows

Hi Joe,

Looking at your grammar, we're starting to get suspicious again of what's under the straw....  Wink

OTOH, I'm pretty sure that at whatever point in the day I post, I'm going to be one cup short... Coffee

So I for one am not going to hold it against you.

Many blessings today....

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3751
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:02 AM

Jack Caviness:
Beta (Windows), regular Bible Study, and my job.

Our job ISN'T alpha/beta testing?Big Smile

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS