[resolved] Can't select individual words from a phrase tagged with a Community Tag

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 25972
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 27 2015 5:31 AM

This is with Logos 6.3 beta 2 on Windows 8.1

The phrase "kingdom of heaven" in Matthew 20:1 in the NIV2011 has a community tag.

Now if I right-click on heaven, the context menu shows "kingdom of heaven" and the various options underneath that are just for "kingdom". I can't see any way of just selecting "heaven".

Is this a bug or expected behaviour?

Thanks, Graham 

Posts 12573
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2015 5:43 AM

I can confirm this bug (this can't or at least shouldn't be expected behavior) for Win 7

Graham Criddle:
I can't see any way of just selecting "heaven".

Check if it will work when you turn on the RI inline display of the Greek manuscript, for me it does then. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 25972
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2015 7:22 AM

NB.Mick:
Check if it will work when you turn on the RI inline display of the Greek manuscript, for me it does then. 

Indeed it does. Thanks Mick

Checking further, if you have the interlinear ribbon open and click on any of the words "kingdom of heaven" the ribbon doesn't move to the correct place.

Posts 819
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 4 2015 9:24 AM

It's "broken as designed." The right-click logic intentionally expands to include the whole reference. Otherwise, you'd right-click on the "3" in "Jn 3:16" and only select the "3" instead of the whole reference. Usually this is what you want, and has been pretty good behavior for 5 versions. But with a book that has a lot of community tags, it can become obnoxious.

It's on our list of things to fix (possibly with a meta-key). In the meantime, here's another workaround: If you turn off the Community Tags visual filter, text selection will go back to normal. 

Posts 25972
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 4 2015 10:53 AM

Eli Evans:
It's "broken as designed."

I like that descriptionSmile

Thanks Eli

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS