Suggestion: Add Fr. Louis Bouyer's works

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3137
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 7 2015 7:09 PM

Fr. Louis Bouyer was a French Catholic convert, liturgist and theologian who played an important if often sidelined role in the liturgical reforms of the late 1960s, popularized the term "Paschal Mystery", and was otherwise influential in the era of the Second Vatican Council. He would have been made a cardinal, had he not turned the honour down.

And all we have of his in Faithlife's collection so far is a single lonely article.

Here's a partial list of his works in English. I can personally recommend The Fourth Gospel, his excellent commentary on the Gospel of John.

Posts 27014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 7 2015 7:36 PM

Yes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 470
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 7 2015 7:59 PM

Yes

Posts 497
Greg Masone | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 7 2015 10:57 PM

Yes

Posts 120
Antonius | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 8 2015 5:16 AM

I read Fr. Boyer's "Introduction to the Spiritual Life" for the Introduction to Spirituality class at the seminary. It is a classic in the genre of spirituality, I would very thankful to have that in my digital library.  That was probably my favorite class, Monsignor John was an outstanding professor. 

Posts 107
Brandon Rappuhn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 8 2015 3:37 PM

I know! I want his works too.

We also have an essay by him in The Liturgy and the Word of God which is well worth reading. This is one of my favorite topics.

Posts 3137
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 4:00 PM

The now-in-PrePub Ignatius Press Catholic Ecclesiology Collection (3 vols.) happily contains one of Fr. Bouyer's works, The Church of God: Body of Christ and Temple of the Holy Spirit. The collection is presently $34.99 USD.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 6 2015 6:56 AM

Yes

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS