[resolved] Indexing strangeness

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27506
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 12 2015 7:20 PM

Sorry that I can't capture "before" images for you so this report isn't of all that much use. However, I am on RC-1  and had the application up earlier in the day with nothing notable - no downloads or updates as far as I noticed. I restarted a while ago and ignored the application for a while then made two new collections and ran a search. I was surprised when the indexing yellow warning bar showed ... more surprised to have no results not even on a common word which implies that the index is being rebuilt. My evidence is:

In 16 minutes, it has finally changed to 75% complete. I'll save off the logs when it completes but what you need is the before not the after.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25189
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 12 2015 7:58 PM

If you zip the log files folder there will be enough info from error logs & the start of indexing to indicate what is happening

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 27506
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 12 2015 9:09 PM

Thanks Dave. I've got them and I'll get them again after it completes indexing ... currently at 91%

4263.May 12 while indexing.zip

6724.May 12 when finished.zip

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8112
LogosEmployee

It appears that a corrupt index was detected and automatically repaired:

Program Version: 6.3 (6.3.0.0037)
Time: 2015-05-12 01:08:30 -07:00 (2015-05-12T08:08:30Z)
Corrupt index detected.
Libronix.SearchEngine.CorruptIndexException: Couldn't load document sections. ---> System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at Libronix.SearchEngine.DocumentMetadataManager.LoadDocumentSections(Int32 nDocumentId, Int32 nSectionTypeToLoad)

There is not a separate message displayed when this occurs; this is a known issue.

Posts 27506
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2015 12:50 PM

Yes, I know what happened. I was hoping to help you track down the cause although I couldn't follow Tommy's instructions.

Posts 25189
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2015 6:14 PM

That's different as that corruption isn't detected i.e. it is fixed by a manual index

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS