Classic Commentaries for Daniel and Revelation has crossed 100%

Page 1 of 4 (74 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 73 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9802
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 22 2015 4:51 AM

It would be great if we could get more bids on this and lower the price -

https://www.logos.com/product/49442/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-the-apocalypses-of-daniel-and-revelation

My ideal it to pay $2 per volume for these sets but lately they have been closing at a higher amount. This one crossed 100% at $41 but, with some help, we should be able to lower it to $33 or lower.

Anyone willing to help?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1814
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 7:58 AM

Yes. 

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 6777
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 8:04 AM

Should not take too much to get it down to $29.00

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 3337
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 8:10 AM

$21 my limit.

Posts 6777
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 8:55 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

$21 my limit.

Spread the word and we may get it for that amount.

Posts 6777
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 8:56 AM

It is down to 37.00, can we get it to 33.00 before the day is out?

Posts 107
Brandon Rappuhn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 9:02 AM

Bruce Dunning:

https://www.logos.com/product/49442/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-the-apocalypses-of-daniel-and-revelation

My ideal it to pay $2 per volume for these sets but lately they have been closing at a higher amount. This one crossed 100% at $41 but, with some help, we should be able to lower it to $33 or lower.

Anyone willing to help?

I'll lower the intervals down to $2, I'm sure there are enough last-minute bidders out there to bring the price down at least another notch (dare I speculate $35?!).

For those that are interested in this collection, there are also separate collections for each Daniel and Revelation, with some very interesting contents (William Milligan's Baird series lecture on Revelation, Joseph Seiss is in both collections, Joseph Mede's Clavis Apocalyptica, Justin Smith's commentary on Revelation from the American Commentary on the New Testament series, etc.). The prices are somewhat low considering how much it'll cost to produce them--which is why it's a great idea for ALL the people to jump on board! ;)

Classic Commentaries and Studies on Daniel Upgrade (17 vols.)

Classic Commentaries and Studies on Revelation Upgrade (32 vols.)

Posts 9802
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 9:27 AM

Brandon Rappuhn:
I'll lower the intervals down to $2

Thanks. That is going to help some people get on board.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1814
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 9:33 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Anyone willing to help?

Got one week to get it down to 2 dollars a book!  Big Smile

Posts 2265
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 9:57 AM

The lowest bid possible at the moment is $25.  That is my bid.  If lower is allowed, then I would bid lower.

Posts 9802
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 10:20 AM

I'm not sure what people are thinking here. The price this morning was at $41 and went down to $37 and now is back at $41. This means people are lowering their bids. If we want this resource to be lowered in price the best way to do that is to bid as high as you would be willing to pay and then watch it lower as others bid as well.

Posts 6777
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 12:09 PM

It is back at $37.00

Posts 6777
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 2:25 PM

We are nearing $33.00. Anyone else interested? We should be able to get this down to $31.00 by Monday.

Posts 9802
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 3:20 PM

Lynden Williams:
We should be able to get this down to $31.00 by Monday.

That would be nice.

Posts 1027
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 3:25 PM

I bid $21 back in February and will raise my bid next week - but I'm not sure what to. I don't really like to pay more than $2 a volume max for these public domain works, but by the same token I don't like missing out on a great deal for the sake of a couple of bucks. Decisions Hmm

Posts 6777
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 4:22 PM

It is pretty close to 33.00

Posts 9802
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 7:27 PM

David Carter:
I don't really like to pay more than $2 a volume max for these public domain works, but by the same token I don't like missing out on a great deal for the sake of a couple of bucks.

I totally agree with you David.

Posts 6777
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2015 10:04 AM

Bruce Dunning:

David Carter:
I don't really like to pay more than $2 a volume max for these public domain works, but by the same token I don't like missing out on a great deal for the sake of a couple of bucks.

I totally agree with you David.

Lets see if we can get it down to $31.00

Posts 1814
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2015 1:23 PM

Lynden Williams:

It is pretty close to 33.00

Keep getting new bids and we may be able to get it for 2 dollars a book,  BUT we need NEW bidders or for some of the lower bidders to raise their bids!  Big Smile  We have until friday noon!  Big Smile

Posts 782
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2015 5:47 PM

I initially bid $31.  However, the $33 looked so dreadfully "thin" that I raised my bid just so it wouldn't accidentally go higher.  It sure looks like a sure $31 or even $29 by Friday.

Anyone who intends to bid should do so now.  There is absolutely no advantage to waiting and you may drive the price lower since a lower price should bring more bidders to the party.  Bidding at the last minute is tantamount to shooting yourself in the foot.

Page 1 of 4 (74 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS