Help with Notes

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Jason Grubbs | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 23 2015 4:13 AM

I am in need of some help with my Logos computer application on my Mac.  When I highlight a verse and want to attach a note to it, I don't know how.  On my iPad and phone, when I highlight a verse, it automatically connects the note that I write to that verse but I can't figure out how to do that on the Mac.  I can highlight the verse but it puts it in the previous notes document that I was working on.  Please offer some advice for me.  Thanks!

Posts 375
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 23 2015 4:54 AM

Jason,

Everyone has their own idea about notes, so all I can do is talk about my personal workflow. As you know from your iPad, highlights are just a special type of note. I prefer to let the highlight function be handled by the system, but I want (usually) a note for a verse or sometimes a pericopae (paragraph?). I have a note file for each book of the bible (I take lots of notes, you might do with less, a single notes file or an OT and NT file). When I want to make a note on a specific verse, I start by opening the note file, then I right click in the verse, select the verse from the shortcut menu and select the note file from the list of files at the bottom left of the shortcut menu. I keep different "kinds" of notes, exegetical, textual, syntax, ect. and change the note icon to denote my note "type".

They've done some really nice upgrading of the notes in the L6 release, things like multiple attachment points that are helpful. Once you start playing, there is a whole lot of functionality. 

Let me know if I need to break this down a bit more. Its up to you to organize your notes, but once you do that its a really robust system.

Posts 6
Jason Grubbs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 23 2015 5:59 AM

Clint, thanks for your help.  I was able to solve the issue.  It seems overly complicated to me that they do it that way.  But what do I know?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS