[ACK] New note in 'newest created' sort order should appear straight at the top

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3672
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 25 2015 4:37 AM

This is not a great deal but a little annoyance and if it is simple to fix, it would be great. I have one of my notes file sorted according to the 'sort by date created - newest'. But when I create a new note afterward, it also appears first to the bottom and I have to sort again to bring it to the top and in the same sorting order as the other notes. Would it be possible to fix that please? 

Posts 1997
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 4:59 AM

I agree! I've been running into this annoying [BUG] behavior repeatedly in the last several days.

Posts 24919
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 4:45 PM

Francis:
But when I create a new note afterward, it also appears first to the bottom

It seems to adopt a variation of "sort by reference" within the current sort order. In the menu there is no indication of the current sort method; as if each was intended to be a temporary re-arrangement, EXCEPT for "sort by reference". However, I agree that the behaviour is not expected.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 262
LogosEmployee
Steve Workman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 12:45 PM

Thank you for reporting this.  I am able to reproduce the sorting bug.  I have filed a report with the development team to look into resolving this unexpected behavior.

Posts 3672
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 1:31 PM

Thank you, Steve. 

Posts 8006
LogosEmployee

Dave Hooton:
In the menu there is no indication of the current sort method; as if each was intended to be a temporary re-arrangement

(not defending the current behaviour; just explaining it in case that helps)

This is correct; "Sort" in Notes is a one-time command that sorts the current notes, not a persistent filter/view that rearranges new notes as they are added.

(I believe there is some code in Logos 6 that attempts to find the "best" location to insert a new reference note, instead of just adding it at the end; this may give the impression that Sort By Reference keeps the notes sorted in that order, but it's not really true.)

Posts 24919
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 3:33 AM

Thanks, Bradley

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS