[request] Four issues with Systematic theology section

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 34432
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 27 2015 2:09 PM
  1. Pre-schism authors, loosely patristic authors, ought to go into a pre-schism category to allow them to be rightly claimed by both the Catholics and the Orthodox; Alternatively, they could always be duplicated as Catholic and Orthodox. While a similar issue occurs with the Calcedonian schism, I would not argue for separation or duplication there.
  2. With cataracts, the difference in coloring is not sufficient to make the line pairings stand out. For visual reasons I would like a bullet at the beginning of each pair.
  3. When the reference is in a footnote, I would like to be able to preview the footnote ... I may have just not tried the magic combination but ....
  4. Why does the search at the bottom of the section search all resources? I would have expected it to search monographs as that would capture the bulk of the systematic theology resources.

BTW. Is there a way to determine what resources are or are not included in this section? And am I to assume that documentation of the categories is forthcoming?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1436
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 2:14 PM

Thanks MJ.

MJ. Smith:
Pre-schism authors, loosely patristic authors, ought to go into a pre-schism category to allow them to be rightly claimed by both the Catholics and the Orthodox; Alternatively, they could always be duplicated as Catholic and Orthodox. While a similar issue occurs with the Calcedonian schism, I would not argue for separation or duplication there.

I'll have to defer on this one and see if those working on the data to classify things have an opinion.

MJ. Smith:
With cataracts, the difference in coloring is not sufficient to make the line pairings stand out. For visual reasons I would like a bullet at the beginning of each pair.

Could you provide a screen capture so we can be sure of what exactly you're referencing? Also, do you have similar issues with the Grammars section?

MJ. Smith:
When the reference is in a footnote, I would like to be able to preview the footnote ... I may have just not tried the magic combination but ....

When I hover my mouse cursor over the footnote, then the footnote content pops up. Is that not happening on your end?

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1436
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 2:18 PM

I see you edited your post. Smile

MJ. Smith:
Why does the search at the bottom of the section search all resources? I would have expected it to search monographs as that would capture the bulk of the systematic theology resources.

I'll file this as a suggestion.

MJ. Smith:
BTW. Is there a way to determine what resources are or are not included in this section? And am I to assume that documentation of the categories is forthcoming?

Yes, documentation forthcoming.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 34432
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 2:25 PM

Sorry I updated my original post while you were responding - just adding not changing.

1. You might also ask Gabe as your resident representative of Orthodoxy.

2. Yes the same problem occurs in Grammars but is less acute as in my library most of the sections are smaller. The problem is especially acute if I scroll so that the first entry has only the bottom half visible. It appears more distinct when I take a snapshot then it does in the Guide.

3. On hover I get the body text not the footnote text:

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1436
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 2:33 PM

MJ. Smith:
3. On hover I get the body text not the footnote text:

My bad. Thanks for correcting. Unsure if this is reasonably possible, but I'll mention it.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 13423
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 4:32 PM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):
My bad. Thanks for correcting. Unsure if this is reasonably possible, but I'll mention it.

It works in search and the Concordance Tool:

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 8 2015 4:11 PM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):

MJ. Smith:
Why does the search at the bottom of the section search all resources? I would have expected it to search monographs as that would capture the bulk of the systematic theology resources.

I'll file this as a suggestion.

This should be fixed in 6.4 Beta 4. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS