Why you should watch Logos Pro videos (if you don't already)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 29 2015 1:50 AM

I get them by email but they are typically posted in a blog entry the same day (for instance the blog on worldviews right now). When I saw it was about the timeline, my initial thought was that I already know how to use the timeline. But for some reason I cannot recall I watched and learned something I did not know: the worldview part. Very handy. I have found this to be true in other videos as well: there is often a little unknown yet handy feature you might discover if only you are willing to give it the 3 minutes it typically takes (if you watch them as they come out as opposed to a whole bunch at once).

So, I recommend it as a good, low time cost, continuous learning strategy.

Posts 35841
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 2:11 AM

And remember by using the reading list Logos  System References and Blog Training and checking them off as you watch them, you can ensure you don't miss any ... even if there is a bit of a delay for their appearing on the reading list.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 2:19 AM

Thanks Francis - I had bypassed that one thinking it was not particularly relevant, and also found it useful. I did notice, though, on his example that it says marriages were first registered by the State in England in 1857: it was actually 1837. 

I do agree that you almost always learn something by watching these videos. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 2:23 AM

I often forget to use the Timeline as an entry point into articles. This was also a useful reminder (when one clicks on an entry and sees the corresponding links to articles in one's library). Speaking of which, I have been wondering whether it is worth it for me to get the revised ISBE to get more timeline entries. I have the older version and many other resources. 

Posts 9802
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 3:39 AM

Even if you have watched them before, they are a good reminder. As you say, it is a great training tool.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 371
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 6:16 AM

Logos reminds me of what has been said about the game of golf- you will never fully master it.Big Smile

Posts 1853
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 7:20 AM

I agree. I watched the video covering the Atlas a few days ago and learned that I could search using Bible passages instead of just the city names. 

Posts 3358
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 8:45 AM

Sorry what are you talking about, wheree can I get theses Videos?

Please help me

Sascha

Posts 9802
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 10:28 AM

Sascha John:
Sorry what are you talking about, wheree can I get theses Videos?

Hi Sascha,

Here is a link to the blog that describes the latest video. https://blog.logos.com/2015/05/learn-to-use-the-timeline-in-logos-6/

You can sign up to receive weekly emails about this at the bottom.

Here are some more links to videos as well - https://www.logos.com/video-tour

Hope that helps.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3358
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 10:36 AM

Sascha

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS