[ACK] Smart Tags broken in 6.3 SR1

Page 1 of 10 (191 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 190 Replies | 16 Followers

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 2 2015 7:55 AM

Reposting this in a new thread (previous discussion here) https://community.logos.com/forums/p/104760/732011.aspx#732011

Since installing 6.3 SR1 I Smart Tags no longer work for me. Previous fixes no longer work, nor do other suggestions.

This is a feature I use almost daily in my ministry and I could really do with having it back!! 

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 8:55 AM

I don't know if this makes any difference, but when I run the two commands, the first one (the register command) no error message appears, but neither does it say it is successful. Rather, Logos 6 comes to the front, as if I had clicked on a minimized icon. The second command when run does give a successful notice. Still SmartTags, though listed as an available Action in Word 2010, does not work.

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 9:07 AM

I get the same behaviour with the first command.

If I run the second command [regsvr32 “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos4\6.3.0.0056\L4SmrtTg.dll”] but WITHOUT quotation marks [regsvr32 %LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos4\6.3.0.0056\L4SmrtTg.dll] then I also get a succesful notice, but no Smart Tags. 

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 3:11 PM

Richard, this feature saves me an enormous amount of time, and like you, I am very, very interested in finding a solution. I think I may have found a clue at least. Don't know if this is the case with you or not, but there are several other additional actions enabled in my Word for the AutoCorrect right-click menu. And the fact is, now NONE of them work, not just Logos Bible References. I'm going to use the Microsoft Community to see if someone there might have an answer. Apparently, our great Logos forum users have not replied because they too are stumped! Let's not give up hope!

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 2:26 AM

Another clue. Means nothing to me but might make sense to someone else!

When I run "%localappdata%\Logos4\Logos.exe" /register as per the wiki instructions and get the message "Logos Bible Software failed to register."

However, the other command - regsvr32 %LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos4\6.3.0.0056\L4SmrtTg.dll - succeeds.

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 4:17 AM

Richard, I discovered the fix. You need to edit the first register command to read as follows:

"%LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos4\6.3.0.0056\LogosCom.exe" /register

Note that the change is you are registering LogosCom.exe rather than Logos.exe.

Worked for me ... hope it works for you as well!

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 4:21 AM

T.P. Johnston:

Richard, I discovered the fix. You need to edit the first register command to read as follows:

Note that the change is you are registering LogosCom.exe rather than Logos.exe.

Worked for me ... hope it works for you as well!

BY JOVE, HE'S DONE IT!!! 

Well done, that man! And a thousand thank yous!

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 4:32 AM

Just want to be sure the credit goes where it really belongs. I had no clue. I cried out to the Lord for the answer, and He reminded me of something I read on the SmartTags wiki page about editing the registry and the mention of a key containing the path to LogosCom.exe. The Lord said that was my answer, and it was! Let's praise Him together. He knows everything, including technology!

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 5:27 AM

T.P. Johnston:
Let's praise Him together. He knows everything, including technology!

Yes

Posts 24952
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 6:39 AM

T.P. Johnston:

I discovered the fix. You need to edit the first register command to read as follows:

Well done. This should have been done during the software update!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 11
John Stasse | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 6:57 AM

You might be able to help me. I also with the latest release lost my smart tag capability and I use it a lot also -- or did till this week. Most frustrating. I was thankful to see your posts but I still having trouble -- I presume it is my lackof skill in using command prompt. I am using windows 7, 64-bit, and Word 2010 32-bit

My Logos 6 software is on my D: drive not C:  That is, my copy of LogosCom.exe is in D:\Program Files\Logos4\6.3.0.0056\LogosCom.exe

How does that change the register command land in command prompt. I have gone to D:\  and entered it to no effect, and have done so down through the chain sub directory at a time and still to no effect. am I missing something? Please excuse my ignorance.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

John

Posts 24952
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 3:50 PM

John Stasse:
My Logos 6 software is on my D: drive not C: 

"D:\Program Files\Logos4\6.3.0.0056\LogosCom.exe" /register

After you open the command prompt

• type D:  and hit Enter key    ---> D colon only.
  • The command line should now start with D:\>
  • type "Program Files\Logos4\6.3.0.0056\LogosCom.exe" /register and hit Enter.

Ensure your Logos folder name is Logos4 as it could be Logos5 or Logos

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 11
John Stasse | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 5:30 PM

Hi Dave, Thanks for your response. I tried this but upon hitting 'enter' it returned to the drive prompt D:\>, and eve restarting both Logos 6 and Word there was still no availability of the smart tag. I even tried both with a space before /register and without a space, but no difference. So, so far no joy.

Posts 24952
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 6:08 PM

Are you sure the path is correct? Did you include the quote marks "....."

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 11
John Stasse | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 6:44 PM

Yes, but to just make sure I did it again and still no recognition in the command prompt window that anything happened, returning simply to D:\> , and no change in Word options despite it being enabled in the Word's options for Actions

Posts 11
John Stasse | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 7:16 PM

Working now! I saw from the wiki page (https://wiki.logos.com/Smart_Tags#Smart_Tags_and_64-bit_Logos) that I may need to check settings in the Windows Registry):

1. Does “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{319A0316-DF84-4B3C-8117-349B7E98E613}” exist? If so, delete it.
  2. “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{81490292-5570-4D02-A2AC-7B828DBD0A8A}\1.0\0\win64” should exist and contain the path to LogosCom.exe.
  3. If “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{81490292-5570-4D02-A2AC-7B828DBD0A8A}\1.0\0\win32” exists, delete it.

Having first backed up the registry (exported it) I went in and saw that as per 1 and 3 these were there, so I deleted them; and that item 2 was there as should be and left it. Then exited.

I then re-ran the command line you recommended. and it now works!

Thanks Dave. Much appreciate your time and patience. so thankful.

John (from 'Down Under')

Posts 24952
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 4 2015 1:20 AM

I'm glad it is working (also from Oz!).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 12
Paul Carpenter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 4 2015 9:35 AM

How does one find the correct path? And how does one enter the correct path in the Command Prompt? Nothing works for me. Thanks!

I obviously don't know anything about this.

Paul

Posts 24952
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 4 2015 5:54 PM

The Logos folder is within c:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local  (look for Logos4, Logos5 or Logos). Within the command prompt it is quicker to type as shown below, where the Logos folder is called Logos4.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 12
Paul Carpenter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 4 2015 8:54 PM

Thanks very much for your input, Dave. I successfully made the various entries as directed, but nothing works. I'm not at all sure why - fresh out of ideas too.

Paul

Page 1 of 10 (191 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS