[ACK] Smart Tags broken in 6.3 SR1

Page 10 of 10 (191 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10
This post has 190 Replies | 16 Followers

Posts 31
Daniel J. Naumann | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2015 3:03 PM

Herzlichen Dank,

ich war auf der Suche nach einer Lösung für dieses Problem, auch in Office 2016 unter Windows 10 funktioniert jetzt wieder alles bestens!

Daniel

Posts 24701
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 4:19 AM

You're welcome, Daniel

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 23
James K Brackett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2016 9:34 AM

Greetings Brian, I am posting here per the direction of a FaithLife employee. 

They were working last week, now they aren't.  I guess I should have anticipated this.  I have done the "Easier method"  That Mr. Brian Wooten had posted numerous times throughout the last few years renaming the latest file download to "system".  But alas that doesn't work.  Tried following the instructions under Run "RegisterSmartTags.ps1", but got a "Fail" on that.  I am started a bug thread because that is what the other instructions said to do, but the Faithlife employee linked me back to this thread. 

Any ideas?

Running Windows 10, Microsoft office 365, Logos Bible Software 6.9 SR-1
6.9.0.0044, platinum v5 (IH).

This really drives me nuts and costs me a lot of time on so many of logos updates.

Posts 23
James K Brackett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2016 9:35 AM

Sorry I meant Dave Hooten

Posts 24701
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2016 1:06 PM

James K Brackett:
Tried following the instructions under Run "RegisterSmartTags.ps1", but got a "Fail" on that.

I wonder if you got the right version of the Powershell script. Download and execute as per this wiki article. If it fails report the complete error message.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 23
James K Brackett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2016 1:25 PM

Those were the instructions that I followed - at least I think I did.  I right clicked the file with the Powershell window open and it gave me the option of run with in the Powershell, but I got a failure.

I posted just as the wiki article instructs, but was sent here by the FL employ. 

By the way, thanks for your easier method of renaming the latest downloaded file to "System" that method served me well through many iterations.  I guess somebody made an adjustment so that it doesn't work any more.

Posts 23
James K Brackett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2016 1:29 PM

I don't know what I did, but the problem resolved itself.  The Actions showed up as before.  Thanks for your help.

Posts 24701
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2016 1:46 PM

James K Brackett:
By the way, thanks for your easier method of renaming the latest downloaded file to "System" that method served me well through many iterations.  I guess somebody made an adjustment so that it doesn't work any more.

That's why I pointed you to the wiki and downloading the latest Powershell script because the "adjustment" was made with v6.7 and later

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 24701
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2016 1:49 PM

James K Brackett:
I don't know what I did, but the problem resolved itself.  The Actions showed up as before. 

Great! If this happens again don't forget to post the full error message you get from the Powershell script

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2
Taj Michael Eaton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 11:06 AM

All,

Not sure if this is the right way to do this but is anyone familiar with why smart tags stopped working again. I run Logos 6 core engine and an older version of word. Last fall I upgraded to 6 and first noticed it quit working. For some reason it resolved itself. After several calls with no real help. I ran un update recently on both laptops smart tags no longer work on both. Frustrated! 

Posts 24701
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2016 12:02 AM

Taj Michael Eaton:
Not sure if this is the right way to do this

A new thread is better.

Taj Michael Eaton:
I ran un update recently on both laptops smart tags no longer work on both

Restarting the computer often fixes things.

Have you tried http://www.logos.com/articleviewer/530 and/or the Powershell fix?

If not successful tell us about your version of Office, whether it is 64-bit or 32-bit and your version of Logos.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 10 of 10 (191 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 | RSS