[ACK] Smart Tags broken in 6.3 SR1

Page 7 of 10 (191 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »
This post has 190 Replies | 16 Followers

Posts 24747
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 12:16 PM

Glen Garrity Sr:
 Unfortunately the link you provided doesn't work.  I get a notice "access denied"

I fixed it shortly after posting, so you must have tried too soon!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 24747
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 12:29 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

A future update to the Logos Smart Tag will resolve this issue.

Initially I had no Logos Smart Tag in Word 2016. It is now fully functional in Word 2016 (32-bit) and Logos 6.7 RC1 after manually registering the Smart tag (dll). Note that the Smart Tag has returned to the ...\Logos\System\ folder in v. 6.7

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 4:50 AM

Unbelievable! With the arrival of Logos 6.7, SmartTags no longer work (again). Does anyone have an idea what the secret might be to fixing it this time around? It's a feature I use every time I use Logos and is a huge time-saver for me. Any suggestions greatly appreciated! I am NOT using Word 2016. I'm using Word 2010.

Posts 24747
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 1:59 PM

T.P. Johnston:
Unbelievable! With the arrival of Logos 6.7, SmartTags no longer work (again)

Take a cue from my previous post, above, and look at the wiki registration.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 218
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 2:02 PM

I have the same problem.

“%LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos\Logos.exe” /register doesn't work

Hans

Posts 24747
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 2:03 PM

Please look at my post above where I registered the Smart Tag dll

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 218
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 2:07 PM

I suppose you mean: “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos\System\Logos.exe” /register? But that doesn't work for me either. Do I make a mistake?

Posts 24747
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 2:10 PM

I mean the Smart Tag dll  -- L4SmrtTg.dll  (I'm in a hurry so the name may be wrong) as per the wiki link I provided

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 2:27 PM

Dave, I'm having the same issue as AJ. I tried your register command, with the System folder, and it fails. Mine indicates the User module does not load and the module cannot be found. But I know absolutely that the dll is in the specified path. I've tried everything, including copying the dll to windows/sysWOW64 and trying to register it there as well, but nothing has worked. I'm trying to figure out what changed with Logos 6.7 in addition to reverting back to the Logos\System folder for the L4SmrtTg.dll. Any further ideas from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Posts 24747
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 8:07 PM

T.P. Johnston:
Dave, I'm having the same issue as AJ. I tried your register command, with the System folder, and it fails. Mine indicates the User module does not load and the module cannot be found

What is the command you used?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2015 3:34 AM

Thank you for replying, Dave. The second command I used was: regsvr32 %LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos\System\L4SmrtTg.dll

This is the one that results in the error message that the module could not load and could not be found.

The first command, which was successful (at least there was no error message after executing it), was "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos4\System\LogosCom.exe" /register

Posts 24747
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2015 3:47 AM

The wki tries to explain that your Logos install folder may not be called \Logos, so try the command regsvr32 %LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos4\System\L4SmrtTg.dll as \Logos4 appears to be your Logos folder.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2015 4:39 AM

Dave, your direction on the other SmartTags post to repair Logos through Control Panel did the trick! Many thanks!

Posts 162
Scott Jacobsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2015 7:16 AM

I have to say that I spend way too much time repairing Logos Bible software than using it for its intended purpose. After attempting several fixes in this thread, and wasting too much time, I'm simply going on a Logos strike. When they fix it, I'll start purchasing again. 

I have spent several thousand on this software, only to have some features I use all the time, repealed by bug. 

You listening, Logos?

Posts 149
Timothy Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2015 9:42 AM

Dave Hooton:

Initially I had no Logos Smart Tag in Word 2016. It is now fully functional in Word 2016 (32-bit) and Logos 6.7 RC1 after manually registering the Smart tag (dll). Note that the Smart Tag has returned to the ...\Logos\System\ folder in v. 6.7

I had success in getting Smart Tags working again in Word 2013 by following the wiki instructions re manual registering. The key was figuring out that for me the correct folder was \Logos5\System. It doesn't take too long to run the commands indicated in the wiki, trying the different possibilities (Logos\System, Logos4\System,  Logos5\System or Verbum\System).

Windows 8.1 64-bit, Core i5-3330, 8GB RAM

Posts 11
John Stasse | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2015 2:32 PM

I've tried all the above to no avail. Previously I found Bryan Adam's 'PowerShell script' to work for each new update, but now that L4SmrTg.dll has been moved back into the Logos4\System folder it won't work as it looks for the .dll as previously as a separate folder for the update number under Logos4. I don;t suppose that 'PowerShell script' can be reworked to acocutn for this reversal of policy.

Otherwise any other ideas? Thanks

Posts 11
John Stasse | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2015 2:37 PM

I've even gone right into the System folder to register the .dll

Posts 24747
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2015 2:41 PM

John Stasse:
Previously I found Bryan Adam's 'PowerShell script' to work for each new update, but now that L4SmrTg.dll has been moved back into the Logos4\System folder it won't work as it looks for the .dll as previously as a separate folder for the update number

Yes, I've been trying to get some information from Faithlife about the change of folder and the updated Smart Tag dll. It would help if you state what you have tried (the exact commands used), version of Office (32-bit or 64-bit) and your OS (32-bit or 64-bit).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 11
John Stasse | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2015 2:42 PM

Sorry, that should read 'Bryan Albert'

Posts 24747
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2015 2:46 PM

John Stasse:

Sorry, that should read 'Bryan Albert'

Your first attempt made sense!!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 7 of 10 (191 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS