[resolved] Missing Word Study option on popup

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Don Prismon | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 8 2015 11:44 AM

Hi, 

This is my first post to this forum.   A while back (after an upgrade) one of my favorite features disappeared. When working with the UBS text, I'd right-click (Mac version 5.2b) a word and select "Word Study" option from the popup and immediately generate the word study for the word.    When it broke, I got around the problem by selecting Word Study from the Guides and pasting in the canonical form into the search box, but this takes several extra steps and I use this feature all the time.  Then even that method broke; the guide would not let me type in a different word.  (it got stuck on οἰκοδεσπότης).  I called in and good support from Brian on the second level helpdesk--he upgraded to the core to version 6, which fixed the problem with pasting a new word in the search box, but the one click option to get from a word in the text to the word study doesn't appear on his reference system.  He suggested I post to this forum for HELP! :) 

So: 

1. Does anybody know how to flip the config settings to control what appears on the pop up pane?-- see screen shot.   (Having this back would really save me time to have it back since I use this feature constantly).

2. What is the best way to dig into the understanding and configuring the advanced features of the tool? Is there a white paper out there? 

I'm really busy, and really should not spend a lot of time to goofing around with this, so any help would be MUCH appreciated. 

Blessings! 

Don Prismon

www.clearcreek.church

Posts 2069
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 8 2015 11:53 AM

Don Prismon:
Does anybody know how to flip the config settings to control what appears on the pop up pane?

What you select on the right side, determines what appears on the left. You need to select the lemma in order to have "word study" appear on the left.

BTW, welcome to the forums!

If you want to have you're screenshots visible within the forum thread, use the paperclip icon to attach them...

Posts 3
Don Prismon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 8 2015 8:54 PM

Easy-Peaszy.   Ok.  I'm a believer in this forum.  

THANKS!

D

Posts 2069
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 9 2015 7:07 AM

Don Prismon:
Ok.  I'm a believer in this forum

😃Sentiments shared!😃😃

Don Prismon:
THANKS!

You're most welcome!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS