Can I delete Logos 4?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Jonathan Pollock | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 10 2015 1:15 PM

I have just updated to Logos 6 from Logos 4 on my Mac after saving my pennies!

I now have both Logos 4 and Logos 6, and I've been stalling on trashing Logos 4 in case it messes things up! At the minute all of my resources are being downloaded and indexed, but how do I go about trashing Logos 4 to free up space on my hard drive.

Do I just trash the logo, or are there other files that I can get rid of. I looked at a few of the FAQ's but couldn't see that specific issue.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Posts 27926
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2015 12:59 AM

Any advice from a Mac user?

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 30536
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2015 4:40 AM

Jonathan Pollock:
I now have both Logos 4 and Logos 6, and I've been stalling on trashing Logos 4 in case it messes things up! At the minute all of my resources are being downloaded and indexed, but how do I go about trashing Logos 4 to free up space on my hard drive.

If I understand you correctly, you had L4 installed on this user account and have just downloaded the L6 engine. Did you purchase a new base package and/or crossgrade? 

Logos 6 is an evolution from Logos 4 and for some unknown / weird / technical reason, the Mac version MUST reuse L4 folders when an installation "in place" happens. AFAIK, you shouldn't have a lot of wasted space because of this... it is just that the primary folder will be named after L4 instead of L6. 

If you have an L4 icon in your applications folder, you can absolutely trash it... no problem. What you can't do (unless you hear otherwise from FL) is to delete the L4 data folder, which will hold content from L6. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10889
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2015 5:12 AM

Jonathan Pollock:
Do I just trash the logo, or are there other files that I can get rid of.

You can safely delete Logos 4 from the Applications folder, but leave everything else in place. In your Library/Application Support folder, you can find a folder labeled Logos 4. Do Not Delete this folder. It contains everything Logos 6 needs to operate. With the release of Logos 5, FL discovered that they could not change the name of this folder. In hindsight, they should not have used the version number in that folder's name, but it was too late to change. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS