Logos won't update

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2550
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 11 2015 9:21 AM

I get the ribbon that says I have an update, but when I click to update, the ribbon goes away and nothing happens.  7367.LogosCrash (2).zip

Posts 30067
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 9:50 AM

Have you tried restarting the app and/or computer?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2550
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 9:51 AM

Several times.

Posts 30067
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 9:56 AM

Darn. That is my easy answer. Smile

I don't know what to say other than this: if it is a software update, you could try manually downloading the new engine. Sometimes that has to be done... thankfully not too often.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2550
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 10:00 AM

I don't know if this means anything or not, but after the update ribbon disappears, my library has a ribbon stating it's updating, but nothing ever changes. 

Posts 2550
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 10:04 AM

Thanks for the thoughts.  I'll probably try customer service if that doesn't work - after I feed the kids lunch.

Posts 5751
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 5:33 PM

Ronald Quick:
I don't know if this means anything or not, but after the update ribbon disappears, my library has a ribbon stating it's updating, but nothing ever changes. 

When you then switch to viewing the Homepage, is there any indicator that anything's happening?

“Whoever looks upon the Crucified One sees what love is.” — Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger

Posts 27460
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 11:40 PM

Ronald Quick:
I get the ribbon that says I have an update, but when I click to update, the ribbon goes away and nothing happens. 

Set permanent logging per the wiki and then manually update to SR-2.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 2550
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2015 2:44 PM

Thanks for all the replies.  I called customer service on Friday and they determined that my problem was that a Windows update did not update properly which resulted in Logos not being able to update either.  Once that was resolved, Logos was able to update to SR-2. 

Unfortunately, during my conversation with customer service, they tried uninstalling Logos, which meant I had to download and re-index everything.  Since I hadn't backed up Logos recently, I had to go through this entire process.

I was able to access Logos on my Kindle Fire this weekend, so the withdrawals weren't too bad.

Everything is working fine again now.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS