report a typo

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 185
Paul Unger | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 12 2015 9:59 AM

Where did 'report a typo' go? I used to be able to right click a word and use the item in the context menu, but it's no longer there... That's where Help says it should be found. I think I've just been updated to 6.3; did it change then?

Posts 25972
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2015 10:07 AM

Paul Unger:
Where did 'report a typo' go?

It is still there - but only works online.

Did you have an Internet connection when you tried it?

Posts 185
Paul Unger | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2015 10:26 AM

Graham Criddle:

It is still there - but only works online.

Did you have an Internet connection when you tried it?

Yes. I have Tools > Program Settings > Use Internet set to 'YES'. But I don't see Report Typo any more...

Posts 12571
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2015 10:38 AM

Paul Unger:
But I don't see Report Typo any more...

scroll the lefthandside of the menu...

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 185
Paul Unger | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2015 10:49 AM

OK, it's there... But that's waaaay too subtle. What's the reasoning behind having a scrolling context menu?Confused I think this is the first one I have ever encountered. It's not like there's not enough screen space to accommodate showing the whole list...

Posts 6062
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2015 5:00 PM

Paul Unger:
OK, it's there... But that's waaaay too subtle. What's the reasoning behind having a scrolling context menu?Confused I think this is the first one I have ever encountered. It's not like there's not enough screen space to accommodate showing the whole list...

I haven't seen the reasoning behind it addressed in the forums (or elsewhere). Perhaps you should start a thread addressed to Faithlife about it?

"God commands you to pray, but He forbids you to worry." - The Curé d'Ars.

Posts 29
Otis Gouty | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2015 8:07 PM

Try putting the paragraph that contains the typo in and the report will show up. It works for me.

Posts 185
Paul Unger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2015 6:05 AM

SineNomine:

I haven't seen the reasoning behind it addressed in the forums (or elsewhere). Perhaps you should start a thread addressed to Faithlife about it?

Would 'a thread addressed to Faithlife about it' go in the 'Suggestions' forum?

Posts 30656
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2015 6:46 AM

Paul Unger:
It's not like there's not enough screen space to accommodate showing the whole list...

That depends upon your monitor! 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25972
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2015 7:06 AM

SineNomine:

Paul Unger:

The height of the context menu is designed to be half the height of your monitor - there was a brief discussion of this at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92662.aspx 

Posts 185
Paul Unger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2015 7:35 AM

Graham Criddle:

The height of the context menu is designed to be half the height of your monitor - there was a brief discussion of this at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92662.aspx 

Thanks for reference to the 'reasoning,' Graham. I wonder if 2/3 the height of one's monitor would show the whole list for a whole lot more users? Be that as it may, I submitted a Suggestion that basically recommends making the five(!) 'Search' items available with the more standard hierarchy-expanding 'arrow' that opens a sub-menu. That would collapse six lines into one, increasing the space available for the remaining context menu items currently hidden off the bottom of the scroll list.

Posts 9827
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2015 8:48 AM

I had the same issue reporting a typo in the LEB and it took me a bit of time to notice the scroll bar. I have a 17" monitor on my laptop but it was not big enough. Sad

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 6062
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2015 9:00 AM

Paul Unger:

SineNomine:

Would 'a thread addressed to Faithlife about it' go in the 'Suggestions' forum?

That would be a good place for it, as would the Logos 6 forum, in which case you might want to start the thread title with "Dear Faithlife" or something to that effect.

"God commands you to pray, but He forbids you to worry." - The Curé d'Ars.

Posts 185
Paul Unger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2015 1:58 PM

Bruce Dunning:

I had the same issue reporting a typo in the LEB and it took me a bit of time to notice the scroll bar. I have a 17" monitor on my laptop but it was not big enough. Sad

Glad(?) it's not just me... You might want to share your experience here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/106238.aspx, where I made my 'Suggestion'.

Posts 9827
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2015 2:31 PM

Paul Unger:
You might want to share your experience here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/106238.aspx, where I made my 'Suggestion'.

That link doesn't work Paul. Below is what I get when I click on it.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 25972
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2015 2:44 PM

The correct link is https://community.logos.com/forums/t/106238.aspx 

Posts 9827
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2015 8:01 PM

Graham Criddle:

Thanks Graham.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS