About-the-author information

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 3053
Doc B | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 23 2015 8:40 AM

I was reading Mo Proctor's blog earlier and got some ideas from it. (The post I reference is here- https://blog.logos.com/2015/06/create-about-the-author-page-for-your-logos-resources/ ).

I'm assuming author names are all tagged. Given that, why would it not be possible (because it would certainly be helpful) to attach a note to the author's name and have that note show up in any resource where the name appears. One could then insert whatever author information one wished, in the note.

In addition, allowing community notes to be made visible on author names might be even more helpful, as it would crowd-source the research on authors (standard discernment applies, of course).

Add tags and you are nearly there (wherever that might be).

Just an idea. Not sure if it deserves to be tagged as a 'SUGGESTION'.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 23 2015 2:02 PM

It is an interesting notion and it resembles the functionality that allows one to attach notes to headwords. The difference, of course, is that many authors would not be found as headwords in existing resources (though classic ones might) and would therefore need to be tagged as such in order for the note to stick to their name (in other places where it would be a headword).

For my part, I do not have as much interest in the authors as I do in the works they wrote (with few exceptions, but the a clear one: the authors of the books of the Bible). I don't know if others are interested in this. If they are, they can post to indicate it. But still, tagging authors name could have other applications than the one you have in mind and generate interest from more people for all kinds of different reasons.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS