Why No "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 26 2015 9:53 PM

Anyone know why in either Logos or Vyrso there is no copy of this book?  There is every other version of it there, but not the original.  It's Tyndale, so Logos has access to the catalog.  It just doesn't make sense that such a popular book is not there.  

I am aware of his past issues, but don't think that has bearing on this as the book is still available everywhere else, just not here.

Posts 1576
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 26 2015 10:40 PM

I agree with you 100% Everett Headley,  I have the hardcover copy of the book and could not put it down while I was reading it. It is a fantastic and spiritually enlightening book, and very thorough and well thought-out book I might add, about HEAVEN. The book should have been on LOGOS or VYRSO a long time ago. 

Posts 27443
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 26 2015 10:48 PM

Everett Headley:
Anyone know why in either Logos or Vyrso there is no copy of this book?  There is every other version of it there, but not the original.

There are occasions when FL knows they want a resource in Logos, so they withhold it from Vyrso. This may be one of those cases... but I don't know that for certain.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 26 2015 11:37 PM

They've done that with other books too. Not sure why. For example, I noticed that the original The Purpose Driven Life was missing from Vyrso even though they had all kinds of derivative books like a daily devotional based on it and The Purpose Driven Church. They did finally come out with the original after I brought it to their attention.

I think because the Vyrso pipeline is fed by publishers, and there's virtually no human interaction in the whole process on the Faithlife end, nobody is sitting there looking over the titles and noticing "gee, we don't have the original; we should get that." So it's up to users to notice and point it out. Unless there is some restriction by the publisher, Faithlife will probably go ahead and acquire the missing book.

The reason for this might be publication dates. Since Heaven was published a while ago (2004), it's probably no longer a hot title in publishers' book lists, so it's not sent down the pipeline, unlike all these more recent derivative works. So it just takes rattling the chain to get a human being at Faithlife involved, and the missing book should show up in due time.

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2015 12:02 AM

This has been asked before (thread from 2013: "It's a crime that this man's books are not in Logos - especially one of them!" ) - I'd suggest having this thread moved to the Vyrso subforum or someone crossposting there, so Erin Land can have a look.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2015 8:19 AM

I have never read any of Alcorn's books so pardon my ignorance. Can someone tell me why I should want this one?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1526
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2015 8:43 AM

Alcorn examines what Heaven will be like. First, though, he distinguishes between the Intermediate Heaven and the New Heavens and Earth. Most of his focus is on the latter. What will our lives be like on the New Earth? How will we relate to each other? What will society be like? Will there be arts, entertainment, sports? Will we design crafts, technology, etc.? What will our bodies be like? My print edition weighs in at 500 pages, with a good sized scripture index. You can get a good idea of his theology on Heaven over at his website: http://www.epm.org/resources/category/heaven/

Posts 1932
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2015 8:56 AM

I agree that this is a resource that should be in Logos. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2015 10:38 AM

Integ:
You can get a good idea of his theology on Heaven over at his website: http://www.epm.org/resources/category/heaven/

Thank you for that link. I watched several videos and find Randy impressive.

(I don't quite agree with his implications on "Will There Be Sex In Heaven?".)

I would like to read several of his other books too.

Posts 1576
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2015 10:52 AM

How do you move this to the Vyrso subform or crosspost it there??????

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2015 11:09 AM

Kenute P. Curry:

Seems some moderator did move it.

Crossposting simply means to make a new thread with the same topic in another subforum, possibly linking both threads to avoid confusion. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2015 11:13 AM

Kenute P. Curry:

No need to. It's been moved by a moderator already.

How to cross-post to another forum: post a new thread to the other forum, mentioning this thread, and paste a link (URL) to this thread inside that post. To copy a link to an existing thread (for pasting elsewhere), make sure you're viewing that thread in your browser from its very top, not from a post lower down on it (i.e., there should be no # in the URL displayed in your browser, as that indicates a bookmark link to a post further down the thread from the top). If there is a bookmark (like this:

),

you can get to the top of the thread by clicking the last segment of the "breadcrumb" link at the top of the page (it's called "breadcrumb" because it's like dropping breadcrumbs along your way in the forest so you can follow them back to where you came from; if the birds don't eat them!):

Once you're at the beginning of the thread, the URL in your browser will look something like this (with a /t/ in it for thread rather than a /p/ in it for post):

Now you can select that URL and copy it to paste it elsewhere.

Note that when you paste a URL into a forum post, you need to type Space after it to turn it into a clickable link.

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2015 4:47 PM

Why did this get moved here? I would rather have it in Logos than Vyrso.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2015 5:08 PM

Everett Headley:

Why did this get moved here? I would rather have it in Logos than Vyrso.

Logos 6?

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 9:36 AM

It was in General, then Vyrso, now in Logos 6?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 10:21 AM

Everett Headley:

It was in General, then Vyrso, now in Logos 6?

Just curious why you just reposted a thread in Vyrso when you said you would rather have it in Logos.

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2015 7:34 AM

Any movement on this Logos?

Posts 32
LogosEmployee
Bill Nienhuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2015 9:31 AM

This book will appear as a Vyrso edition very soon.

Posts 32
LogosEmployee
Bill Nienhuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2015 10:53 AM

Now available.

Posts 1526
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2015 11:54 AM

Thank you! Just bought it!

Edit: It's full of font errors, see my post on the next page.

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS