What happen to my ability to search in current resource

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13
Michael Stover | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 26 2015 10:26 PM

previously when I would right click on a word (in my case BHS) it would list a bunch of search options including the ability to search the current resource (I would search using the lemma).  This morning when I right click, there are no search options only the ability to look it up in various lexicons.  What happened? Its on Mac. 

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 26 2015 10:44 PM

Michael Stover:
This morning when I right click, there are no search options only the ability to look it up in various lexicons.

Can you perform any of: a Basic Search, a Bible Search or a Morph Search?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 26518
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 26 2015 10:45 PM

What options you have depends upon what you have selected on the right-hand side. Could you show us a screenshot that show what you have selected? If you've selected lemma you should get dictionaries/lexicons.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13
Michael Stover | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2015 5:28 AM

I am guessing so, but I had been previously able to right click on a word in BHS and there were numerous search options including search inline etc.  I would use the option search in this resource to Quickly find all occurrences in BHS.

Thanks for the reply

Posts 13
Michael Stover | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2015 5:35 AM

Until today I would also get search options, and I believe I am doing it the same.  Possibly related are the fact that there was a service pack installed and the dock no longer shows the icon.  

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2015 7:48 AM

I think the reason Dave asked about the other searches is because it could be an index problem. Check to see if those other searches work. If they do not then your index is likely corrupt and will have to be rebuilt

Posts 13
Michael Stover | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2015 4:37 AM

ok that makes sense.  Thanks!  Anyways it is working again now (and there was an index that was peformed).  If I have that problem in the future I will check that first thanks.

Mike

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2015 5:37 AM

Glad to hear your up and running

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS