Library has quit

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3127
Doc B | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 28 2015 7:38 PM

I am SO TIRED of this seven-thousand dollar software package breaking several times a week. I'm tired of uploading logs so unpaid, selfless volunteers on whose time I intrude can help me fix it.

Now for the problem THIS time:  My library, when opened, shows all my resources. But if I type anything into the search box, it zeroes out. It doesn't matter if I use the popup library, open in a floating window, or dock the library in the Logos window.

And oddly enough, if I type a resource title in the Command Box, the box acts like there are no resources present. But if I scroll to a resource in the library and click it, it opens.

???????????????????????????????????

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 9802
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2015 7:47 PM

That stinks Doc. I've never seen that before. Have you tried restarting the program and/or restarting your computer? When things don't work right it is what I usually try to remember to do first.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3127
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2015 7:49 PM

Bruce Dunning:

That stinks Doc. I've never seen that before. Have you tried restarting the program and/or restarting your computer? When things don't work right it is what I usually try to remember to do first.

Restarted both, now for the third time. No luck.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Posts 9802
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2015 7:53 PM

I have no idea what to suggest but I feel for you and hope someone smarter than me can help.

I can confirm that your search works (which, of course, you knew it should)

s

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9195
LogosEmployee

It sounds like something is really wrong with the Library Catalog index. I don't think I've seen this problem reported before, so I'm not sure what could be causing it. I think the best way to fix it would be to delete all Library Catalog index files, which should force the program to rebuild them.

Close Logos; then, in Explorer, open C:\Users\borenjb\AppData\Local\Logos5\Data\zqvrwgjg.xju\LibraryCatalog

Select all files except catalog.db, and delete them.

Restart Logos; it should rebuild the missing index automatically. Does this resolve the problem?

Posts 3127
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 5:33 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
Does this resolve the problem?

Yes; the library is behaving normally now, and typing in the search box produces expected results again.

The remaining questions are, what did I do to cause it, and how do I keep from causing it again?

Posts 387
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 6:53 AM

Doc B:

The remaining questions are, what did I do to cause it, and how do I keep from causing it again?

Those questions are difficult to answer from a remote location. 

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 3127
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 1:37 PM

James Chandler:

But it appears to be a good question.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/106889.aspx

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 1:40 PM

Doc B:

James Chandler:

But it appears to be a good question.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/106889.aspx

Rafe's issue didn't actually relate to the Library, it was an issue with the application in general stemming from a change to the Dock icon.

The developers have been investigating recent issues with the Library Catalog index, but I don't know any details on what's occurring. We will update once we've discovered something.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS