[Unresolved] BUG: Basics of Biblical Greek videos not loading

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 1 2015 5:13 PM

I tried playing these videos and get the screen you see below.

The Directx install is fine and the internet connection is good. If I download the media then the videos work fine.

I had this problem when I switched from Win 7 to Win 8.1. That was a permissions issue in the windows firewall. That is not the problem this time.

The Mobile Ed and QuickStart videos work fine. From what I can tell the problem is with this resource.

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 5:56 AM

BUMP

Posts 1821
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 6:02 AM

I wish I could help, but I have Windows 7 and they play fine for me. 

Do do you have a tablet or phone that you could play them on. I mainly watch Logos videos on my tablet and use my computer for the assignments and so forth.

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 6:15 AM

Thanks Kenneth. I can play them, but have to download them first. Not a big deal, but if someone is tight on HD space it could be a problem. The larger issue however is that they should work and don't.

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 12:22 PM

I can provide some additional information regarding this issue. I went back and saw that some videos seemed to stream. Some however gave me the same message as above. I closed the program and restarted, finding that some videos that could play in the previous section could not play now.

I noticed in the logs a number webcache errors. Perhaps that is the problem.

6710.Logos.log

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 5:38 PM

Hi Fredc, I'm going to email you. 

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 4:54 AM

Thanks Tommy. I got your email this morning and responded.

Posts 4
Christopher Brennan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 6:26 AM

Did this get resolved for you? I have the same problem, except that I am on OS X Yosemite. 

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 11:48 AM

Yes. I got it resolved, but to be honest I don't remember what the fix was. I would suggest that since you are running a different OS that the cause of your issue is different that mine was. You may want to start a new thread, or contact tech support.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS