Using "Send to Kindle" with a 2nd Kindle

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 297
Gary Osborne | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 4 2015 10:52 AM

I can't get Logos to accept my 2nd Kindle (a Paperwhite) email address so as to use the "Send to Kindle" feature.  My first attempt to register late last year was fine, and I can send any book to my Kindle Fire HD, but at this point I'd rather this function work with my Paperwhite than my Fire HD (since I've got Logos software on that device anyhow).  Any thoughts on how I can add my Paperwhite email account into Logos so as to use the feature?

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 11:09 AM

This wiki page should give you what you're looking for

https://wiki.logos.com/Send_to_Kindle

Posts 297
Gary Osborne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 12:01 PM

Thanks. 

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 1:19 PM

To answer your question more specifically, you can't edit the "Send to Kindle" address in Logos. However, you can move your Kindle email addresses around within your Amazon account (from the Manage My Devices screen).

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 191
Al Het | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2015 9:35 AM

You've gotten good advice on switching your Kindle devices around to different Kindle accounts.  Another method would be to do it the way Logos used to recommend, before you could link you Kindle account with Logos.  Just copy and paste the book to MS Word, and send that to your Kindle.

More specifically:

Open your book in Logos, and open MS Word.  Copy and paste the book over to MS Word (in a few large chunks).  Save the Word doc.  Attach the Word Document to an email to your Kindle account, with the word "convert" in the subject line.  Kindle will automatically convert the book to Kindle's format, and send it to your kindle.

It sounds a bit complicated, but it really isn't.  I have been surprised how quickly all that can be done.  And honestly, if I were to want to send a book to two or more Kindles, I wouldn't bother with the official method, and just use this process, and email it to whichever Kindles I wanted.

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2015 9:48 AM

Also, and I think easer, is to send it to your Kindle, then go to your second Kindle and download it as a DOC file.  DOC files are personal files that you have sent to your Kindle - I do this regularly for books I review, whether I read them on my Kindle e-reader or on the Kindle app on my Nook.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2015 9:51 AM

There are two ways to get a Kindle book on your device:

1. Open it directly in the app on a specific device (or through the kindle e-mail system that Logos uses). This method does not store the book on Amazon's server which means that if you delete the book from the device, it will be gone. It also means that any notes or highlights you make on this book will not be synchronized to any of your other devices, because the book only lives on that one device.
  2. The second method (which is much better in my opinion) is to send the book to you personal documents on Amazon's server under your Kindle account. You can do this by using Amazon's Send to Kindle app for Mac and PC. I use this all the time and it's wonderful because:
    1. You can download the exact same book onto any of your devices, acting the same way as if you had purchased the book directly from Amazon.
    2. If you delete the book off of a specific device, it is still stored on the server, and can be re-downloaded at any time. This is nice because it saves space on your device by allowing you to not store it locally all the time and re-download the book at any time in the future.
    3. Any highlights or notes you make on a book stored on the Amazon server in your personal documents are synchronized across all your devices, and remain on the server. Even if you delete the book off of all your devices and re-download it later, all your notes and highlights will pop right back in where you left them. In my opinion, this method is by far more superior than the first method.

The bottom line: While I am very thankful for the current implementation, it would really be ideal if somehow Logos allowed you to use the second option to send Logos books to Kindle instead of forcing you to use the first as it currently does. The Send to Kindle app for PC and Mac allows you to send a Word Doc, a mobi file, etc. to the server, so any of those formats could be used.

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2015 10:00 AM

Actually, I think I may be about to correct myself. I just noticed an option that I don't think used to be there! This would by far be the easiest way to solve your problem, Gary. If you go to this link (after logging in, wait for it to load the settings screen, and then scroll down), it will allow you to enable an option (if it's not enabled already) called "Personal Document Archiving" which will basically allow you to have Logos send books to all your mobile devices in Kindle instead of just one! I just tried it and it works wonderfully! :)

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2015 11:26 AM

Be aware  - there is a space limit for personal a books.  It is large, but still finite.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS