Indexing Error - Help!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 1 2010 12:44 AM

I purchased the ISBE Revised Edition for L4.  It installed fine for both L3 and L4. 

When I did a basic search L4 showed that the index needed to be merged so I went ahead and did it.  

It finished just fine on my desktop PC  (WinXP Pro), but my laptop (Win7), which also showed that the index needed to be merged, started merging.

But after a few minutes a Win7 dialog comes up and tells me that indexing stopped, and asks me if I'd like to go on the internet to find a solution or shut Logos 4 down.

What do I need to do to fix this?  Anyone?

Posts 26815
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 3:47 AM

We need to see some logs.

Go to http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging and upload as per Uploading Logs

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 150
Victor Ulloa M. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 3:57 AM

Stein:

Try closing Logos and also the Logos Indexer.  You can check you tray icons or do it using Windows Task Manager.

The open Logos using the right-click > Run As Administrator.

The indexer will start (be patient!) and, hopefully, ends after a succesful rebuild.

Good luck!

Victor.

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 10:14 AM

Okay.  I attached my Logos 4 log file to this one.  I'll attach the Logos 4 Indexer Log to the next post (should see it directly below)

Kind of weird on the indexer log - seems to be trying to index my Libronix stuff, but I could be wrong about that.

Hope these help to determine the problem and find the fix.  Thanks again.

My System Specs:
Lenovo ThinkPad T61 laptop | Windows Experience Index: 3.9 | Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 (@2.2ghz) | 4GB RAM | Standard ThinkPad Display at 1680x1050 | Nvidia Quadro NVS140M  128MB video RAM |250 GB Western Digital SATA  | Windows 7 Professional 64bit - all patches. | AVG Anti Virus latest & up to date)

Also - everything has been working perfectly on this laptop until this problem occurred yesterday.

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 11:18 AM

And here is the Logos 4 Indexer Log.

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Peter Venable | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 11:21 AM

Your main index was corrupted in a way that prevented the merge from succeeding, so you'll have to rebuild the entire index.  Enter the command "Rebuild index" in the command box.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS