Chinese Bible with Strong's Number

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1052
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 1 2010 7:11 PM

The current Chinese Bible can only be read. Can hardly be searched, and no reference to the Greek because it is not Strong numbered. Please do include it. I think there is open resources for this. Or even if there isn't, I think only by including it should worth 20 dollars.

Posts 1562
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 7:27 PM

Hi Kolen,

The Chinese Bible can now be searched in Logos 4.  (I forgot whether it started working with the current 4.0b beta or already in 4.0a.)

I concur with your request to link the CUV to the original language encoding.  I believe Bob P had mentioned a while ago he would like to see ALL Logos Bibles eventually have the interlinear function.  But I'm not sure how long "eventually" would be for the CUV.

Peter

Posts 1052
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 7:46 PM

But the search function is very simple. Say, if you want to search 上帝, "上帝" will return no results but "上 帝", but then each verse appears twice.

Posts 1052
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 9:06 PM

I find one way to solve the problem, but still looks not so good:

"上 帝" will give you every verse that has 上帝, the " and space are crusal.

Posts 1562
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 5:03 AM

Hi Kolen - I just did a search for 上帝 (no quotes, no space) and it works perfectly:

Posts 1052
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 4:18 PM

what's different is, mine is "新標點和合本", which is the only one that I can get now. And I knew from some of the post that there is a CUV that is free. The bad news is, I pay $10 for this thing, which works worse than the free one previously. And the only reason that I pay for it is that I actually don't know that there were a free one!

Ironic...

Posts 1145
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 4:23 PM

PeterLi:

Hi Kolen - I just did a search for 上帝 (no quotes, no space) and it works perfectly:

Peter, It's only the beta release that has fixed Chinese searching in L4. I am hoping that they release the current beta to all users soon for that reason. In the meantime L3 works just fine.

Posts 1052
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 4:30 PM

how can I got the beta release? (Is it good?)

and apart from that, the Logos should be updated automatically, right? (obviously I am a newbie..)

Posts 1145
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 5:02 PM

Yes, L4 will update automatically.

The L4 beta has had some problems on some machines so unless you are computer savvy I wouldn't recommend installing it. They are currently on beta version 7 so I think they will have an RC soon. If you want to know more check out the beta forum or the wiki (link at the top of this screen). It will tell you how to download the beta and what problems to watch for.

Posts 1052
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 6:42 PM

Thanks.

Posts 1562
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 7:42 PM

Hi Kolen,

I have the same CUV New Punctuation version, and I bought it from Logos.com for $20 (http://www.logos.com/ebooks/details/ZH-CUNPTRD).

Tom is right, the search fix is part of the beta, and hopefully will be released soon.

Blessings,

Peter

Posts 1052
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 11:36 PM

the one I bought is 10 only, since I am a student:

http://www.logos.com/academic/discount/program/products/1

Posts 1052
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 9:56 PM

I doubt that they are going to put a reverse interlinear of Chinese Bible. But I hope that there is a Strong's numbered version at least.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS