Interesting....Can this be controlled at all?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:05 AM

I just noticed that I have lines within the side scroll bar of NIV and Tanakh.  I just opened a book never read before it had none.  But I am not absolutely positive about this last sentence I don't think I opened RSV before yet there were lines in its sidebar. I did click on another bible that I am positive I would not have looked at....it was clean....

Anyway these sidebar lines will take me to that passage that comes up when I hover over it.  This is a neat feature but is there a way to "clear" these?  I was trying to get back to a certain passage that was in the middle of these lines.....It seems like I was trying to get to Numbers 15 but there was a line for numbers three and one for deut 2.  They were practically on top of each other. 

I have just noticed this tonight.  Now that I am thinking about it....I am sure this is a design thing.  How can I control it?

Posts 33743
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:29 AM

look up wear marks in help and the wiki - you don't have much direct control over them and yes, you can have wear marks on resources that you have not opened before. I'm still making sure that I know the precise conditions on that.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 127
Darren Paul Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:33 AM

Try this out: http://wiki.logos.com/Visual_Bookmarks

User Interface Designer - Logos Bible Software

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 2:55 AM

I am having trouble turning these marks off. The wiki says

"Click on Tools on the top menu.
    * Then click on Program Settings.
    * Under General, you will see Show Visual Bookmarks. Click on No next to Show Visual Bookmarks

But in Program Settings beta 7 I have Show Search Bookmarks and Show Visual Cues. But I turn both off, and even restart, and they are still there. How do I turn them off now?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 3:48 AM

Dominick Sela:
But in Program Settings beta 7 I have Show Search Bookmarks and Show Visual Cues. But I turn both off, and even restart, and they are still there. How do I turn them off now?

This is partly because the Beta bifucated the setting and I didn't want to update the wiki until the changes went gold. The new setting is titled "Auto and Favorite Bookmarks" (Search Bookmarks is one too) the Visual cues are the orange circle/pulse when you navigate to a new location in a book.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 5:00 AM

Thanks Kevin.

However, I tried turning both "Auto and Favorite Bookmarks"  and "Search Bookmarks" to No, and then I opened a new bible, and I still have all those hash marks down through the scrolling area (I don't like them as it makes it hard to find the scroll thingy to move around). I wonder what I am doing wrong? I am on beta 7.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 5:14 AM

Dominick Sela:

Thanks Kevin.

However, I tried turning both "Auto and Favorite Bookmarks"  and "Search Bookmarks" to No, and then I opened a new bible, and I still have all those hash marks down through the scrolling area (I don't like them as it makes it hard to find the scroll thingy to move around). I wonder what I am doing wrong? I am on beta 7.

Try restarting, double check the setting and if they are still there, report it as a bug.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 5:25 AM

Restart got it working - thanks Kevin!

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 7:22 AM

Thanks for the information.  I was just thinking....Can you point me to a place that describes these visual bookmarks I looked on the help and it just describes the same thing...turning them off.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 9:22 AM

William Bingham:

Thanks for the information.  I was just thinking....Can you point me to a place that describes these visual bookmarks I looked on the help and it just describes the same thing...turning them off.

The wiki is the only other place I know of.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS