Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 7 2015 11:02 AM

Given the preview that is now available in Notes, Prayer Lists, and Clippings, are search results within the documents themselves coming soon? The preview is nice but it really doesn't help locate the result in the document at all, in fact I don't immediately see what it helps me do better so I suspect(hope) it is a precursor to getting the search results within the documents highlighted.

Thanks though for starting to work on this!

Posts 2362
LogosEmployee

There is some immediate benefit, as clicking on the note/prayer/clipping title should take you directly to the item containing the result.

I don't have a timetable at this point for search result highlighting directly in the documents.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2015 11:37 AM

I just tried it, if you click on the name of the Note file that is returned on a "Search Everything" result in 6.4, it will also take you to the correct note within that file, just like the new search preview does - it just doesn't show you where in the note the result is. So I don't see any real difference in what this offers over 6.4, sorry!

Posts 2362
LogosEmployee

Don Awalt:

I just tried it, if you click on the name of the Note file that is returned on a "Search Everything" result in 6.4, it will also take you to the correct note within that file, just like the new search preview does - it just doesn't show you where in the note the result is. So I don't see any real difference in what this offers over 6.4, sorry!

In 6.4, clicking on the name of the note file will take you to the note in the file containing the first hit. In this beta, if you have hits in multiple notes, you will see a separate preview for each note in the document, and can click to take you to the specific note in the document.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2015 11:53 AM

Thanks Andrew, and I'll wait hopefully for the full implementation!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS