6.5 beta 1: Bug "Works Cited" sometimes gets confused with articles

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 7 2015 3:08 PM

In the screenshot below the concordance tool says there are three references to E. Ben Zvi's "The Chronicler as Historian". In fact, there is only one reference to that, the other two references listed are to other articles in the same book.

You can see from the screenshot that this isn't a resource error, as when you hover over the other articles, they give the correct bibliographic information.

A second bug is also apparent, and that's the mixing of citation styles. You can see that one article has the author as "Ben Zvi, E.", whilst the other has "E. Ben Zvi".

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2015 3:30 PM

I've created cases for both the article grouping, and the doubly-listed author.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 819
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 8 2015 2:45 PM

So, the good news is the same as the bad news: Bibliogaphic citation data isn't invisible any more. We've been marking up citations in bibliographies for several years, and the Concordance is the first tool to really expose all of that data in bulk. As such, we should expect it to be messy -- eg, "last, first" versus "first, last" is clearly an editorial issue in many resources.

We will probably choose to fix the data rather than try to code around it, which will take longer to accomplish (which may be frustrating), but will be better in the long run. We have assigned some people to work on data clean up but in the meantime, I still think this feature is better than nothing.

Posts 36043
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 8 2015 6:24 PM

Eli Evans:

I still think this feature is better than nothing.

Reader's Digest mid-1950's:

Nothing is better than heaven.

A donut is better than nothing.

Therefore a donut is better than heaven. Stick out tongue

But I agree it is better to fix the data.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1401
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 8:22 PM

MJ. Smith:

Therefore a donut is better than heaven.

Now that's a sill-ee-gism

Logos 9  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 11 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posts 1535
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2015 6:49 AM

MJ. Smith:

Eli Evans:

I still think this feature is better than nothing.

Reader's Digest mid-1950's:

Therefore a donut is better than heaven. Stick out tongue

But I agree it is better to fix the data.

Love it! I'm going to share this with our professor of Logic... :)

Posts 36043
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2015 12:26 PM

It's what got me fascinated with logic (and language) at an early age.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS