Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 78
Aaron W | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 3 2010 2:10 PM

I was just recently cleaning out some stuff that I don't really use and was taking up space, but I can't seem to get rid of it out of my library.  I tried refreshing my resources, but the titles are still in my library.  I was hoping to be able to clear my whole library and slowly add some books taht I use most often (in L3) and then have my powerhouse be L4. 

However, even if I move all my resources, and "refresh resources" it still shows my entire library in the bibliography.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to clear the cache?  I tried deleting the folder but the instructions seem to be only for Vista (as the cache folder was in the wrong place).

I'm not even sure if this makes sense, but I'd appreciate any help here.  Thanks!

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 2:20 PM

If you haven't already updated to version 3.0g, close LDLS 3 and click this link to update: http://www.logos.com/media/update/30gAutoUpdate.lbxupd. The update resolves most of the issues with Windows 7 and the LibSys.exe process not ending automatically when the program is closed, which would cause it to not rediscover your resources.

To check whether it is closing completely after installing 3.0g, open Task Manager and click on the Processes tab. Both LDLS.exe and LibSys.exe should be gone from the list within a few seconds of closing the program. If LibSys.exe is still there, select it and click on End Process, then restart Libronix.

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 27039
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 2:25 PM

See Solution 2 at http://www.logos.com/support/article/565

It has instructions for XP and Win 7 has the same location as Vista.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 78
Aaron W | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2010 4:07 AM

Thanks.  I tried deleting that Cache folder (by moving it first) and the program gave me massive errors. 

I updated to 3.0g and it is working, but I do have to kill the process every time I restart L3. 

 

Thanks for the help!

Posts 27039
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2010 9:21 PM

aawetzel@gmail.com:

Thanks.  I tried deleting that Cache folder (by moving it first) and the program gave me massive errors. 

I updated to 3.0g and it is working, but I do have to kill the process every time I restart L3. 

It is unusual, so what were the "massive errors"? Were the errors coming from Libronix? What version were you running before 3.0g?

What process do you have to kill?

 

 

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 78
Aaron W | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2010 3:10 AM

I can't remember the error message, but basically when a book was trying to be found it popped up an error message in the bottom corner.  When I went to my bibliography and it started listing all the titles (even thought I had deleted the cache), the book titles were red and then it started shooting out error messages every time a book would pop up, I wound up having to kill the whole program through the task manager because the program wasn't responding and I wasn't about to sit through 1000 books doing that. :-)

I was at 3.0f and upgraded to 3.0g

The process I have to kill (but not always) is "LDLS.exe *32"

My problem was fixed though.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS