"Scan DVD" tool not working in command box (Windows)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13
Martin Scott Kemp | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 9 2015 5:57 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to add resources via CD Rom. Logos Help suggests that typing the command "scan DVD" into the command box will scan CD in the drive. However, when I type "scan DVD" it simply executes a search for those words in my library, it doesnt give me the option of selecting the scan tool.

Any ideas?

Posts 8111
LogosEmployee

On Windows, specify the drive letter of the DVD drive, e.g., "scan E:\".

Posts 25188
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 3:39 PM

Scan DVD will work only if you have a DVD/CD disc in the drive

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2
MS Kemp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 7:10 PM

Nope, when I typed in that command (scan D:\ in my case) logos opened a resource - "the dead sea scrolls" to be precise!

There is a CD in the drive.

I think its troubling that the command doesn't even come up as a suggestion. The only options I get when typing in the word 'scan' are search or open commands, not tools.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2015 2:54 AM

I have seen this before, Scan does not give you a suggestion to do a scan, it only says I think "Search for scan", if the destination is not valid. I just reaffirmed this (Windows 7), with nothing in my DVD drive I did a Scan and the suggestion was to open some resource. I put a CD in the drive, which was actually a folder of photos (I don't have any of my Logos/Libronix CDs/DVDs any more!), and Scan F: (my DVD drive) now is recognized as a valid Scan command.

So with certainty Logos does not see a valid CD in a valid drive.

Given that, if it was my computer, I would suspect reasons why Logos does not see the DVD drive as valid - maybe a reboot straightens it out. Can you open the DVD drive from a folder and browse it? Have you tried another DVD or CD (anything with files on it should see Logos recognizing the CD and willing to scan it). Those would be the first three things I would try.

Posts 10237
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2015 3:42 AM

Don Awalt:

I have seen this before, Scan does not give you a suggestion to do a scan, it only says I think "Search for scan", if the destination is not valid. I just reaffirmed this (Windows 7), with nothing in my DVD drive I did a Scan and the suggestion was to open some resource. I put a CD in the drive, which was actually a folder of photos (I don't have any of my Logos/Libronix CDs/DVDs any more!), and Scan F: (my DVD drive) now is recognized as a valid Scan command.

Same here. I put a music cd into the drive and when it was detected by windows (the drive letter d: showing up in the explorer under my compuer parallel to the SSD on c: drive), Logos recognized scan d: and scan d:\ as valid commands 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 25188
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2015 1:38 PM

Don Awalt:

The important thing is that Logos recognises the command only when there is a CD/DVD in the drive. "Valid" is secondary because you could have a data CD with no resources.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS