Opening in a floating window does so at a different position in the text

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 554
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 7 2010 11:37 AM

Has anyone else noticed that when a tabbed resource is opened in a floating window, it opens about three lines further down into the text than what it displayed when tabbed?  (I have the locator bar shown in both, if that makes any difference.)  The problem is that after searching for a phrase or another piece of text, that is nicely highlighted by the vanishing circle, when opened in a floating window, the text that had the circle appear at has now disappeared, requiring scrolling to find out where it was again.  This has become quite annoying due to its repetitive nature when looking up commentaries and losing place in the text almost each time. Note that it only happens when the text shown starts within a paragraph - if it starts at a new pericope or entry in a dictionary, it seems to keep its place.  But this is very frequent when viewing commentaries.  Finding the place in the text is made worse if the width of the floating window is different to that of the tabbed window, as the paragraph text is wrapped differently in each.  In fact, the difference in how the text is wrapped may be the cause of the problem. One solution could be to have the first complete word displayed in the tabbed window have the disappearing circle highlight it in the floating window, at whatever position it appears in the newly wrapped paragraph text, also making sure that it is visible and not wrapped further up the window beyond that which is visible.

Posts 28019
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2010 2:54 PM

Yes, mainly commentaries do this.

If you go back to your original post, click More button and then Edit, you can change the title of your thread by inserting BUG: at the start.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 554
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 12:59 AM

Dave Hooton:
If you go back to your original post, click More button and then Edit, you can change the title of your thread by inserting BUG: at the start.

Dave, thanks for that note - however, I don't have the option to Edit the post, even though I'm logged in.

Posts 19716
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 2:06 AM

John Duffy:

Dave Hooton:

Dave, thanks for that note - however, I don't have the option to Edit the post, even though I'm logged in.

John, you only have a window of a certain number of hours (I think it's 18?) after which you can no longer edit your posts.

Posts 554
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 2:58 AM

Rosie Perera:
John, you only have a window of a certain number of hours (I think it's 18?) after which you can no longer edit your posts.

Thanks Rosie - that makes sense.

Posts 19716
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 3:32 AM

No worries that you couldn't edit the title to say "BUG:" John. I've logged it as a bug on the wiki, so it should get noticed now.

http://wiki.logos.com/Bug$3a_Opening_in_a_floating_window_scrolls_text.$

I don't know what version you're using, but I was able to reproduce this problem in 4.0b Beta 7, so that's the version I reported it in, but I attributed the bug report to you.

Posts 554
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 4:37 AM

Rosie Perera:
I've logged it as a bug on the wiki, so it should get noticed now.

Thanks Rosie - I'll log it there next time I have something similar.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 12:53 PM

This has been reported. Thanks.

Posts 554
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 2:15 PM

Thanks Melissa

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS