Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 554
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 11 2015 2:58 AM

I just noticed that when I grab a quote from a Tony Evans book to send to Visual Copy, it brings up a generic slide instead of his branded slides. I have to go find his slide set and choose one to paste his quote in.

Posts 28594
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2015 5:50 AM

I only have two books by Tony Evans in my library, and both are "Vyrso" editions. Do you have a "logos edition" and if so, does it make a difference?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 554
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2015 11:28 AM

alabama24:
does it make a difference?

Great question, but no. I have both and just tried both. It throws it into the first generic author slide available (looks like palm trees in the background.)

I haven't tried any other other LogosNow based slides except David Jeremiah, and his worked.

Posts 10921
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2015 3:24 PM

This definitely looks like a bug - since Visual Copy has author-specific slides, it should suggest them first before the generic ones.

As a workaround you can open the VC tool from the menu, search for Evans and then copy/paste your quote into the line like this:

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 809
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 13 2015 2:28 PM

The slides are tagged with the correct author id, so it's a bug somewhere along the line. We're looking into it. In the meantime, searching for "Evans" is a good workaround. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posts 554
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 13 2015 2:35 PM

Eli Evans:
We're looking into it.

Thanks so much, Eli!

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 10:47 AM

Eli Evans:

The slides are tagged with the correct author id, so it's a bug somewhere along the line. We're looking into it. In the meantime, searching for "Evans" is a good workaround. Sorry for the inconvenience.

6.5 is now available on the stable channel and it includes this fix. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS