Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 39 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 18
Cheryl | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 14 2015 1:05 AM

I was required to Sign In to my Faithlife account to use Logos 6 in my iPad this morning after which virtually my entire library disappeared.

I rebooted the iPad and everything is back! How odd. Hope this is helpful should someone else experience this.

Posts 28022
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 4:27 AM

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. After reading this, I opened my Bible! App and was greeted with a sign in. That isn't supposed to happen, as far as I know. I think it may be related to anti-forum spamming measures. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9100
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 5:23 AM

I too had to sign in today which I thought was strange but all of my downloaded books were still there.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1578
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 5:30 AM

I had a similar experience on my iPad. I also have had to log back in on the Logos website and forums. It must have been a system refresh or something on Logos' end.  

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1645
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 5:35 AM

John Kight:
I had a similar experience on my iPad. I also have had to log back in on the Logos website and forums.

Same here...I hope it was something to do with beefing up the anti-spam measures as Alabama suggests.

Posts 28022
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 5:42 AM

Did anyone (temporarily) lose resources? Or did you just have to sign back in?

Posts 1489
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 6:39 AM

My initial guess is that it is related to the recent spamming in the Forum.

This may also explain the reduced activity in the forum as most of us don't recall the password Embarrassed 

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 6:41 AM

Big Smile

I am trying not to feel so left out.  I didn't have to sign in.  

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 11:03 AM

Cheryl:

I was required to Sign In to my Faithlife account to use Logos 6 in my iPad this morning after which virtually my entire library disappeared.

I rebooted the iPad and everything is back! How odd. Hope this is helpful should someone else experience this.

There was a login bug and part of the fix required all tokens to be invalidated, which required a new login.  Sorry about the issue.

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 11:04 AM

Veli Voipio:
My initial guess is that it is related to the recent spamming in the Forum.

This was completely unrelated to forum spamming.

Posts 28022
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 11:13 AM

Thanks for the clarification Kevin. Smile

Posts 119
ManilaDave | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 3:45 PM

Yes! I lost over 3,000 downloaded books. There is now a large time factor and internet cost to restore them. 

Posts 28022
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 6:11 PM

ManilaDave:

Yes! I lost over 3,000 downloaded books. There is now a large time factor and internet cost to restore them. 

Did you try restarting your device? Are you sure you used the same credentials (username & password)? You don't have two accounts, do you?

Posts 1079
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 7:59 PM

This happened to me ... but there was no notification ... the iOS app continued to function ... but it did not sync favourites (and possibly other stuff)  ... many hours spent trying different things ... not thinking that I would have to restart the iOS app ...

Is it possible to remove messages such as 'Stay Connected on Twitter' and 'Like on Facebook' (Facebook in 2015 ... who knew?!!!) and instead allow it to push the rare bit of information such as 'please exit and reload the app' ?, or even new features added in this release?

Thanks.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 9:09 PM

ManilaDave:

Same here, lost al my downloaded books, after I was prompted to sign in again (I used the same credentials for sure).

Posts 119
ManilaDave | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2015 12:08 AM

Did you try restarting your device? Are you sure you used the same credentials (username & password)? You don't have two accounts, do you?

Yes I did! That's when I lost the downloaded books. 

Posts 6
Matthias Chiang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2015 3:03 AM

I have lost all my downloads as well. This is not the first time I have experienced it. this is a nightmare for me as I have to download everything again!

Logos, please do something about this else, Logos faithfuls will lose faith in the product. 

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2015 10:53 AM

Matthias Chiang:
this is a nightmare for me as I have to download everything again!

Why do you have all of your books downloaded?

Posts 119
ManilaDave | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2015 1:23 PM

That is surely a matter of personal choice and has nothing to do with the issue of your bug eliminating books downloaded on our devices and leaving us with very unwelcome consequences

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2015 1:30 PM

ManilaDave:

That is surely a matter of personal choice and has nothing to do with the issue of your bug eliminating books downloaded on our devices and leaving us with very unwelcome consequences

ManilaDave,

The only reason I ask why people download all of their resources is to help avoid any potentially unwelcome consequences.  Of course it is a matter of personal choice, but if you choose to download thousands of resources and an authentication issue occurs, it might happen again sometime in the future.  We would really prefer it didn't happen... If you only download the books you really need offline it would save a lot of space on your device as well as a lot of time and frustration having to re-download books.

You can do whatever you prefer, I'm just trying to help.

Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS