L6 SR3 morph search crashing

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2004
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 23 2015 1:08 PM

This is a consistent crash. Windows 8.1 with latest MS updates.

In NA27 (LLS:LOGOSNA27 2015-04-14T22:59:51Z LOGOSNA27.logos4) at 1 Tim 4:16, I'm trying to do a morph search on the specific form of ἴσθι as found in that verse. It crashes after I see the spinner for a second or two.

Logos log file and event viewer export (2 events) attached.

Donnie

3808.Logos-MorphSearchCrash(2).log

1832.Logos-MorphSearchCrash(2)-EventLog.txt

Posts 9156
LogosEmployee

Unfortunately this is an internal WPF error that we can't work around. We're not entirely sure what causes it; it might have to do with video drivers version, window size, panel text size, program scaling, or perhaps it's just a bug in WPF. Have you tried rebooting? Some people have reported problems with "Send searches here"; do you have that enabled in a search panel? If so, does disabling that help?

I can't reproduce it on my computer (assuming you meant ἴσθι in 1 Tim 4:15). 

Posts 2004
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2015 5:58 PM

I had rebooted, a couple of times. And I did have "Send searches here" enabled. I just disabled that, tried the search, and it worked. I re-enabled it, tried the search, and it crashed. Definitely a correlation there.

I'll try to remember to try it on my main PC when I get access to it. I've been doing this on my HP Ultrabook.

Thanks for the reply,

Donnie

Posts 2004
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2015 9:19 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
I can't reproduce it on my computer

Closing the loop on this, I can't reproduce it on my main PC (actual PC, not an Ultrabook). So perhaps it's related to the fact that I was using my Ultrabook. FYI...

Donnie

Posts 2004
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 6:05 PM

Another update on this. I upgraded the PC (Ultrabook) in question to Windows 10. The same search (different layout) did not crash this time (with "Send searches here" enabled). Hopefully that's good news. I'll try to get a chance to do it from the same layout and report back.

Donnie

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS