Power Point not seamlessly importing to Proclaim

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 3 2015 9:31 PM

Also, as a work around, you can use Powerpoint itself to export each slide as an image into a folder (choose the "Save as Pictures..." menu in Mac Powerpoint), then upload those into an Imageslide show service item. That is all our import does. We utilize a third party library to open the PPT and save each slide as an image into a temp folder, then once done, import all images into an Imageslide show service item. If there is a problem, no images are imported. Upon success or failure, any 'saved' temporary powerpoint slides are deleted.

Posts 71
Michael Florant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 3 2015 9:35 PM

That is what I did Sunday. The ppt and keynote I tried on the church mac was only like 20 slides and both failed. 

My mac at home is a beast of a machine so processor and memory are not an issue.

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2015 8:39 AM

Very surprising that Keynote did not import, we have a pretty simple AppleScript that opens Keynote and 'clicks' the "Export To-> Images" menu item. We don't have as extensive of logging with Keynote, but some messages are sent to the console.

If you could import your keynote again with the console app running, please copy/paste any 'Proclaim' messages (you can filter the console logs by typing proclaim into the search area at the top right of the console app).

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS