Do you have any video tutorial suggestions?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 29 2015 4:05 PM

I've got a few spare weeks at the end of the summer, and I'm thinking of doing a few short tutorial videos on Logos 6. I haven't done any for a while, partly because I did a bunch of mEd videos, and partly because Logos are doing some great videos themselves (or here). But you can never have too many tutorial videos!

So, what do you think would make a good video (or short series). It might be:

• How to use a specific feature
  • How to complete a specific task
  • How to use a particular resource/type of resource
  • Something else

Perhaps you could think about:

• Things you've learned recently, but wish you knew when you were starting out.
  • Areas of Logos where you think you're only scratching the surface.
  • Specific tasks you don't know how to accomplish/think there must be a better way.

Thanks for your help!

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 5:27 AM

Perhaps you could do something that demonstrates some of the more complex search capabilities, with real world application.

Posts 724
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 9:06 AM

I'd second that - searching could always do with more tuition.

It is so central to accessing what our library has to offer.

Shalom

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 11:47 AM

Mobile App usage. Specifically Bible.

In addition to what Fredc and Kevin A. Lewis have suggested, and other may suggest, the mobile app is much neglected in tutorials. Recently, I discovered and ran into an issue with an easy way to get an English Biblical definition of a words in the Bible without going through loops and hoops (a figure of speech). That is not as easy to do on the mobile app as one would expect. :-)

Thanks.

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 12:23 PM

I have ben thinking and thinking, as there are more videos out now than when Mark did his excellent video series in the past - but I think I agree with a focus on mobile. Just this week for the life of me I could not figure out how to search a particular book - I had done it before, luckily I found it in recent searches and went from there. But there are still many mysteries, my mobile app use is very basic.

Posts 617
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 12:37 PM

Mark, your videos are so helpful I would look forward to any that you produce. Thanks for your willingness to do these. I'm going to start two small groups studying Proverbs so perhaps you could do a video on the Proverbs explorer.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 242
Lankford Oxendine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 3:13 PM

I'll put in my vote for syntax searching.  This is such a powerful but underutilized resource because of the lack of good training resources.

Posts 53
LogosEmployee
Michael Meiser (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 4:04 PM

Lankford Oxendine:
I'll put in my vote for syntax searching.

I am thinking about filling this void by creating a Syntax Searching Playlist on my new YouTube channel. (See signature for link)

Will probably start work on it next week. Stay tuned...

Free Logos Tutorials on YouTube: Digital Bible Study Made Easy

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 4:17 PM

Mike Meiser:

Lankford Oxendine:

I am thinking about filling this void by creating a Syntax Searching Playlist on my new YouTube channel. (See signature for link)

That would be outstanding Mike. If you have one that focuses on the complex searches (e.g. gaps) that would be very helpful. I find that I always have to play around and by process of elimination successfully build these searches. Sometime I do not have any success. This is probably difficult because I do not understand why they occur.

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 10:11 PM

Mark Barnes:

I've got a few spare weeks at the end of the summer, and I'm thinking of doing a few short tutorial videos on Logos 6. I haven't done any for a while, partly because I did a bunch of mEd videos, and partly because Logos are doing some great videos themselves (or here). But you can never have too many tutorial videos!

Based on the quality of previous videos, I am sure that any training videos you produce will be warmly welcomed and very useful Yes

A personal request would be for a video on note-taking within L6.

Thank you very much for all the hard work you put into enriching the Logos community.

Posts 242
Lankford Oxendine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2015 10:04 PM

Mike Meiser:

Lankford Oxendine:

That would be great!

Posts 53
LogosEmployee
Michael Meiser (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2015 4:33 PM

Lankford Oxendine:
That would be great!

Just FYI, I have started posting videos for my syntax searching series. You can find them on my YouTube channel at the link in my signature. It is configured with the assumption that you know nothing about syntax searching in Logos, but have a basic understanding of Greek or Hebrew. I am three videos in of a planned 6 video series. I would love feedback and questions if there are any!

Free Logos Tutorials on YouTube: Digital Bible Study Made Easy

Posts 242
Lankford Oxendine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 10:27 PM

Mike Meiser:

Lankford Oxendine:
That would be great!

Just FYI, I have started posting videos for my syntax searching series. You can find them on my YouTube channel at the link in my signature. It is configured with the assumption that you know nothing about syntax searching in Logos, but have a basic understanding of Greek or Hebrew. I am three videos in of a planned 6 video series. I would love feedback and questions if there are any!

Well done so far.  Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS