Windows 10 Problem opening Logos 6

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Hugh G. Webb | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 6 2015 12:42 PM

Just updated to Windows 10 Pro and when I try to open Logos 6 it will start and sign in but immediately an error message comes up and states that it has stopped working and Windows will close the program.  I have tried several times with same results.76202.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2015 12:57 PM

Hugh G. Webb:
Just updated to Windows 10 Pro and when I try to open Logos 6 it will start and sign in but immediately an error message comes up and states that it has stopped working and Windows will close the program.

Have you tried opening to a blank layout? (Hold CTRL down as Logos loads and choose "Load to blank layout")

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 24692
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2015 5:49 PM

Hugh G. Webb:
Just updated to Windows 10 Pro and when I try to open Logos 6 it will start and sign in but immediately an error message comes up and states that it has stopped working

The Windows Event Viewer will give a better idea (please read carefully).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 975
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2015 6:33 PM

It wasn't opening for me either just now and I updated to W10 today. It was working but my search results wouldn't show 'inside the book' when I clicked on the dropdown. So I tried restarting Logos and then it did nothing. It wasn't crashing, just getting stuck at

2015-08-06 18:20:30.0420 1 Info LogosApplication Checking application compatibility mode for 'Logos.exe'.

every time I tried to open it. Windows event viewer says nothing and it wouldn't open without a layout either.

I used the Task Manager to kill Logos and all its background processes and then it started up ok and the search works now as well.

Posts 15
Ben Crous | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 8:54 PM

This worked for me until I clicked on the "Home" page and then Logos stopped working again. Sad

EDIT: Okay just waited for Logos 6.5 to update and this seems to have resolved the problem.

Thanks Logos techies. Yes

Posts 3
Hugh G. Webb | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 1:59 PM

This will work to open library only offline.  It will let me open books as long as I leave one book open, if I don't it closes the program completely.  I can't open Homepage or update.

Posts 3
Hugh G. Webb | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 2:49 PM

I downloaded the latest program and installed it and that seemed to correct all my problems.

From Logos website:

What to do if Logos Crashes

Troubleshooting an Application Crash in Logos or the Logos Indexer

Problem

When opening or using Logos, you may receive the following message:

"Logos Bible Software has stopped working"
May also occur for "Logos Bible Software Indexer"

This is a generic response from Windows and does not provide much actionable data, but there are a few general responses we can apply to attempt to fix the most common causes.

Note:

It is not recommended to attempt these solutions unless the problem occurs more than once. Sometimes an external variable can cause a "fluke" or one-time crash. These instructions are intended to resolve a recurring issue.

Solution 1: Update Logos Manually

The most common causes of this problem occur when the application is out of date - usually due to installing from an old DVD or working offline for an extended period of time. To resolve this, simply install the latest update by downloading and opening the installer from the

installation page.

Solution 2: Rebuild the Index

(Optional:)

In cases where the Indexer is specifically mentioned in the crash, or if the crash always occurs during a search, it may be necessary to rebuild the

index.

Rebuilding the Index:

1. Open Logos.
    2. Click into the "Command" box.
      (At the top of the main window)
    1. Type: Rebuild Index
  1. Hit enter to begin the indexing process.

Still having trouble?

If these solutions do not resolve the issue, it will be necessary to collect more information about the problem. Please visit the

Report a Problem page for instructions on how to collect and submit more data to troubleshoot the problem.

For additional help, please

contact support.

Posts 24692
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 3:22 PM

Hugh G. Webb:
I downloaded the latest program and installed it and that seemed to correct all my problems.

good to hear!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS