New Feature: Psalms Explorer (Dataset)

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 3:09 PM

James Taylor:
But when I search for them as you described, {Label Psalm WHERE Tag = "Messianic"} I only show 2 Psalms (though it shows a result for each verse of the Psalm as expected, (41 verses total))

I get the same results

James Taylor:
Aren't I correct that this search, if working properly, should show all of the verses of the 15 Psalms that the interactive lists as tag= Messianic ?

I would have thought so

Posts 7905
LogosEmployee

James Taylor:
But when I search for them as you described, {Label Psalm WHERE Tag = "Messianic"} I only show 2 Psalms

In the current implementation of Label search, the "=" operator means "has exactly the specified tag". Psalms that have two or more tags won't be returned. (I got tripped up by this when trying to understand why the search was failing, so I can see how it's confusing.)

To run the search, use the "~" operator to find Tag attributes that contain the specified tag: {Label Psalm WHERE Tag ~ "Messianic"}

This returns 15 psalms, as expected.

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 4:26 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
use the "~" operator

ah ha! sweet thanks!

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 4:28 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
the "=" operator means "has exactly the specified tag"

Precision :-)

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 4:32 PM

Graham Criddle:
This is a known issue - the interactive doesn't currently support this capability and the option shouldn't appear in the panel

Ok, Thanks Graham, just making sure it wasn't a beta bite Super Angry

Posts 1809
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 8:40 PM

This is nice, BUT if only Logos can give us complete examples in the search page...

It would be greatly appreciate it. Since most of us (majority) aren't like these people who just commented. 

Posts 26013
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 10:13 PM

mike:

Since most of us (majority) aren't like these people who just commented. 

The majority are like the people who commented ... the difference is primarily the amount of time and effort spent in learning how to do things. Some of which is simply the length of time one has been using the system ... and some is simply repetition of using a particular aspect of the search over and over .... and some is simply observing the effects of different approaches to a search problem.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS