How to find and hide the largest resources in your library?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 11 2015 9:05 AM

Ok, so basically I am wanting to know how to find what resources in my library are the largest (in file size)? This would be very handy if trying to load a large Logos 6 library on a computer that has limited disk space. It is my understanding that if you hide a resource from your library, it will not download it or it will delete the local copy, is that correct? If so, then being able to isolate the largest files in the Logos library and hide them could potentially be a quick way to allow Logos to run on a computer that is running out of disk space. Does my question make sense? I hope so.

I have looked in the resources folder on my file system (/Users/timtaylor/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/ddecr09m.7in/ResourceManager/Resources) and after sorting by largest file size, I found this (see screenshot), but I'm not always able to figure out which resource these filenames match with. It seems as if I'm close but missing one last step. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

P. S. I apologize if this has already been discussed and if so I ask that you provide links to the relevant discussions. 

Posts 1526
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 9:20 AM

You can copy the resource file name (minus the suffix) and paste it in the Command Bar:

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 9:46 AM

Nice, this is the kind of trick I was looking for, I should have tried that! :) I tried searching Logos.com for the filename but that didn't seem to work. This is great, thanks again! :)

Posts 1526
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 9:56 AM

You're welcome!

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 10:09 AM

Hmmm, maybe I spoke too soon. This doesn't seem to be working for me! What am I doing wrong? Notice I'm selecting from the list I posted in the screenshot of my original post. I see no "Open" option with an actual title name.

Posts 1526
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 10:19 AM

Well, the ELNT is an audio file, so maybe that's why it doesn't work.

The other one I don't have, but I have a similar one that does work:

Yours must be Romans.

I don't know...maybe you have a corrupted file?

Posts 27451
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 10:51 AM

Tim Taylor:
This would be very handy if trying to load a large Logos 6 library on a computer that has limited disk space. It is my understanding that if you hide a resource from your library, it will not download it or it will delete the local copy, is that correct? If so, then being able to isolate the largest files in the Logos library and hide them could potentially be a quick way to allow Logos to run on a computer that is running out of disk space. Does my question make sense?

Before you get too far down this road: The "hidden resources" preferences syncs with the cloud. This means that the resources get removed from mobile and other installations as well. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 7958
LogosEmployee

Integ:
Well, the ELNT is an audio file, so maybe that's why it doesn't work.

Correct; this is a "data" resource that powers the Greek Audio New Testament. Because it doesn't appear in the Library, it can't be hidden in the current version of Logos.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS