Compiling Filtered Word List Question

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 120
Jonathan Ray | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 13 2015 4:26 AM

How would I go about getting a word list of all of the lemmas in the Greek NT minus proper names? The same would apply to getting all the lemmas for the Hebrew OT, Dead Sea Scrolls, the works of Josephus, etc.

I had accidentally posted this to Suggestions. Hopefully, will get some ideas here. Thanks!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 8 2016 2:58 PM

Jonathan Ray:
How would I go about getting a word list of all of the lemmas in the Greek NT minus proper names?

Suggest creating a word list with proper names, which could be subtracted from all lemmas.

New Testament has Louw-Nida semantic domain tagging of lemmas so can search for Names of Persons and Places

<ln 93>

Jonathan Ray:
The same would apply to getting all the lemmas for the Hebrew OT, Dead Sea Scrolls,

BHW morphology includes @np for noun, proper name

Logos Hebrew Morphology also has @np for proper noun:

Dead Sea Scrolls likewise has @NP for morphological search to find Nouns, Proper:

Anderson Forbes has Semantic Domain of Human that includes Names plus season, son, daughter:

<AndersenForbesSemanticDomain = humn>

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 26244
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 9 2016 1:12 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Suggest creating a word list with proper names, which could be subtracted from all lemmas.

New Testament has Louw-Nida semantic domain tagging of lemmas so can search for Names of Persons and Places

After each search you can use the Search menu to "Save as Word List". Then you "subtract" them in the Word List for all lemmas by using Merge >> Difference.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 120
Jonathan Ray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 9 2016 5:56 PM

Thank you for the replies and suggestions. I figured out a solution about two weeks back but did not loop back to my original post and relay the answer. I did a Hebrew morph search on proper nouns and then used that list in conjunction with an all-Hebrew-lemmas list to get the difference. The whole point of this was to get a vocab list free of names and places. Seemed to work out well. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS