Logos 6 fails after install of Office 2016 on Mac

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Michael McCormack | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 17 2015 9:06 AM

We are using Office365 now which provides a desktop version of Office 2016 for Mac. As luck would have it, the Senior Pastor found that his Logos 6 would not "start". I wont see his machine till tonight but I'm hoping that others might have seen this behavior and have an idea what I will see when I get there and how to fix it? 

Posts 13392
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2015 9:18 AM

Hi Michael,

The first thing you should do is to look at the Logos logs to see what the problem is (and upload them here if you're not sure how to interpret them. I'm not aware of any problems with Office 2016 for Mac that would prevent Logos loading at all.

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2015 9:22 AM

Michael McCormack:

We are using Office365 now which provides a desktop version of Office 2016 for Mac. As luck would have it, the Senior Pastor found that his Logos 6 would not "start". I wont see his machine till tonight but I'm hoping that others might have seen this behavior and have an idea what I will see when I get there and how to fix it? 

I'm also using Office 2016 through Office 365 on a Macbook Pro, and haven't had any problems with Logos on it, so I wouldn't rule out a different problem. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 28240
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2015 1:31 PM

GregW:
I'm also using Office 2016 through Office 365 on a Macbook Pro, and haven't had any problems with Logos on it, so I wouldn't rule out a different problem.

I concur... except that I can't imagine that Office 2016 has anything to do at all with Logos not working. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4
Michael McCormack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 8:24 PM

He was running 6.4 and when he would try to start it, the logo would just bounce a couple times and then nothing. Updated to 6.5 and all works normally again. Just one of those things...

Posts 28240
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 8:54 PM

Michael McCormack:
He was running 6.4 and when he would try to start it, the logo would just bounce a couple times and then nothing.

There was a bug in some of the 6.4 builds which caused that problem. Glad you have it working. 

Posts 4
Michael McCormack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 9:13 PM

alabama24:
I concur... except that I can't imagine that Office 2016 has anything to do at all with Logos not working. 

There was a time many years back where if Word had the wrong greek font, Logos would have a problem (that I don't recall at the moment) . About the same time period that it would fail because of deeply nested program directories.  The nesting was obviously corrected but I figured there was still potentially a connection to word. 

Posts 4
Michael McCormack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 9:15 PM

alabama24:
There was a bug in some of the 6.4 builds which caused that problem. Glad you have it working. 

Why isn't that little morsel of info in the FAQ!! 

Posts 28240
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 19 2015 4:42 AM

Michael McCormack:
Why isn't that little morsel of info in the FAQ!! 

You would have to ask FL.

Posts 2754
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2015 2:07 PM

Glad you got it working. I had a similar thing happen when I downloaded an update to 2016. After they update install it would not launch. The Logos icon bounced twice on the Dock and nothing. Fortunately, the old "turn it off and on again" approach fixed my issue.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS