Update Now Strangeness

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 54
Rick Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 18 2015 7:56 AM

This morning, as I usually do, I did an "update now"  the working circle indicator briefly moved then nothing.  The typical pop-up box showing that no updates are available isn't appearing.  Is this something that has changed, are there issues at Logos or do I have an issue?

Thanks

Rick 

Posts 22013
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 8:01 AM

Hi Rick

I've just tried doing the same thing "update now" and everything seemed to work as normal, including the popup box indicating no updates are available.

Few things to try:

1. check you are connected to the Internet
  2. Restart Logos and try again
  3. Restart your computer and try again

If none of these make any different suggest you post logs

Graham 

Posts 54
Rick Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 8:10 AM

I just found out what was going on, I think.  With the new update you have to have the auto update set to yes, which I did have set.  But evidently you also have to have the timeframe set to a period that corresponds to when you are doing an update now.  I had my times set to when I wouldn't typically be in a class, midnight to 7AM as a preference setting.  Seems, if this is working the way I think it is, that the update now tool is subservient to the time range.  Either that or there was some seriously strange synchronicity occurring...g 

Thanks for the reply Graham, appreciated.

Rick

Posts 22013
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 8:46 AM

Rick Williams:
With the new update you have to have the auto update set to yes, which I did have set

I don't believe this is the case - I have it set to No and everything seems to work fine.

Rick Williams:
Seems, if this is working the way I think it is, that the update now tool is subservient to the time range. 

Yes - this is the case. You might be interested in a recent comment made by Andrew in another thread - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/114333/757008.aspx#757008 

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 5:16 PM

I am so glad I was not the only one experiencing this issue.

-Dan

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS