How Do I Bullet point the whole passage without having five bullets for each verse within the one passage?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Bryan Grigg | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 9 2010 10:32 PM

can you please help me be able to be able to bullet point the whole scripture passage one time versus having one bullet point per verse.  Example:

• Isaiah 6:2–7 (ESV)    (not what I want)

2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.

3 And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!”

4 And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.

5 And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”

nor is the following

• Isaiah 6:2–7 (ESV)
  • 2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.
  • 3 And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!”
  • 4 And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.

What I would like
  • Isaiah 6:2–7 (ESV)

2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.                                        3 And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!” 

(this last example is what I want minus the double space in between the Verse reference and the actual verses)

Thank you very much

Posts 3742
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2010 12:54 PM

Whether you're working in Word or in Power Point (or equivalents), your challenge is the paragraph marks that separate the text into paragraphs.

In Word, I ALWAYS make all formatting visible so I can tell where it's putting those paragraphs. And I'd suggest working in Word (or equivalent where you can see the paragraph marks) until you verify that it's working like you want it to.

That said, in Logos you'll need to play with the CBV options to eliminate as many of those paragraph marks as possible BEFORE you paste into Word. To get it like you want, you'll have the reference + the text all in one paragraph.

Since Word (or equivalent) is your laboratory (it'll show paragraph marks. Power Point won't), keep trying differet CBV styles until you find the one that gives you closest to what you're looking for.

After that, if you wish you can make formatting marks invisible again (but you'll be blind to wherever Word is "helping" you without your knowledge). And you can then also paste directly into Power Point, knowing what you'll need to do there (though the paragraph marks are STILL PRESENT, they're invisible) to make it work like you tested in Word.

Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS