Notes: Recommended Notes Config for Whole Bible Personal Commentary

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 22
Karl Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 18 2015 12:55 PM

Anyone using a notes file or files as a whole bible personal commentary?  I currently have one large note file for this which started back in Logos 4, I think.  But the file has a number of tech problems with it.  And I'm thinking about starting over with a new Notes File Configuration. Id appreciate any recommendations on how best to do this?

-One note file per Bible Book, or per testament, of for the whole bible?

-Use Resource Specific Notes setting or not?

-Keep highlights as a separate file on in same file?

-other thoughts?

karl

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 1:13 PM

I do not have any personal experience with extremely large note files, but there have been some who report having speed and other issues when notes get too large. If you want to create and maintain a personal commentary I would suggest exploring the use of the Personal Book tool.

https://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books

Posts 3076
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 1:18 PM

Karl Miller:
recommendations on how best to do this?

I use a separate note file for each book of the Bible.

I now use Resource Specific note files for monographs (books and general reading).

I have a collection of named notes files for specific theological topics (such as Christology, Ecclesiology, Soteriology, etc...these are numbered and have sub-categories with more detail in some areas).

I have a highlighting palette for general reading that is set to 'Resource specific'. These are auto-created and thus separate from the resource-specific note files for a given book. (I don't do nearly as much note-taking in monographs as I do making Clippings, so there are Clippings files that match Notes files in many cases).

I've found this set works well for me. Others may do it very differently and you should take some time looking at options to see which fits you the best.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 284
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 3:44 PM

I use a separate note file for each book.

I teach every week so I do a note file for each separate week, with a corresponding layout.

I have separate note files for topics.

Every note file has a corresponding clippings file.As I go I incorporate the new attachment points feature.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS