Two Orders for Princeton Theological Review

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9619
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 18 2015 4:22 PM

Today I received the following email from Faithlife:

We are about to begin processing Pre-Pub orders for Princeton Theological Review (443 issues).

This product is scheduled to ship on 9/1/2015.

Please verify your billing information as soon as possible.

But this resource is already in my library since I purchased the Master Journal Bundle. I didn't cancel my original order but thought it would be done automatically. I know that Faithlife will not knowingly change us twice for the same resource and I have sent them an email about this. But, in case there are others in the same situation as me, I would encourage you to double check.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 213
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 4:41 PM

Same issue for me: already have it via the Master Journal Bundle but had bid on it through Community pricing before the larger bundle was assembled including it.  Could not cancel my bid as because I had already received it, the bid was grayed out.  Cancelled the duplicate order myself last night after I got an email from Logos advising that they had released all the journals in the Princeton Theological Review bundle.

I assume it likely affects most people who had placed a bid on the Princeton Theological Review and later purchased the Master Journal Bundle(receive as released option).  Not sure how it works but it MAY impact differently those who did not pre-pay and take the receive as released option.  What I would expect for those who are waiting for the final journals in the Master Bundle to be released before paying for it is that their Community Pricing order for the Princeton Theological Review would stand and be fulfilled as a separate transaction on its schedule release date, then they would get a dynamic pricing credit for it when the full Master Journal Bundle is released.  There may be some disadvantages in buying components of a larger bundle in other than the receive as released option, as the component collection may cost more to purchase separately than the dynamic pricing credit you get later (depends on how they count the value of this component towards the larger bundle: perhaps someone knows how that is determined ?)

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 6:14 PM

Princeton was posted years before the Master Journal Bundle (MJB) so it makes this a bit tricky, but not overly so.

1. With dynamic pricing—which applies here—you'll never pay for the same content twice.

2. The MJB is by far the better deal. This will give you the most for your money.

3. If you bought the Ship as Available option of the MJB and did not cancel your Princeton bid, Princeton would be dynamically priced at $0.00 since all of that content is in the MJB. So you don't need to do anything.

4. If you pre-ordered the MJB, are waiting for it to ship on 9/15, and want to keep the Princeton journals as a stand alone, the MJB will be dynamically priced based to account for your ownership of Princeton when it ships. This will not maximize the value you receive.

5. Unless you really want Princeton two weeks earlier, I strongly recommend that you cancel your bid on Princeton.

6. The only people Princeton benefits as a stand alone product are those who:

If value is what you're looking for you should pre-order the Master Journal Bundle

Again: if you have pre-ordered the MJB AND have an active bid on Princeton you should cancel your bid on Princeton.

Posts 9619
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 6:41 PM

Thanks for clarifying Matthew. I chose the "Ship as Available" option so #3 applies to me which means that I don't need to anything I guess.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 7
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 6:47 PM

Except, of course, enjoy your journals. :)

Posts 9619
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 6:51 PM

I will.

I just noticed that I have Matthew Millers above and below me. Surprise

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS