Creating a copy of (and then editing) a resource (e.g. specific Bible translation)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 5
David Schroder | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 21 2015 5:30 AM

I'm new to Logos, so please bear with me!

I'm interested in creating a copy of a resource - in this case, a specific version of the Bible - and then editing that resource.

E.g. I use the HCSB translation more than others, but there are times when I prefer alternative translations. I'm looking for a way to modify a copy of the HCSB with my own words / translations. This way I can, over time, create a Bible that represents the combination of various translations and my own understanding from the original languages.

Is there any way to do this? Thanks!

P.S. I found a wiki article about creating a new resource, but I'd prefer to be able to edit an existing resource as that would save significant time. I could also create notes with alternative translations, but would prefer to be able to edit directly (without affecting the original HCSB resource).

Posts 12109
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2015 5:43 AM

Welcome David!

David Schroder:
Is there any way to do this?

Not really. You could use a visual filter to replace text, such as Jahwe/the Lord or so. To really exchange larger parts and practically do your own translation, you'd need to make a copy of the bible in Word (with tagging etc) and then compile this as a PB bible.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS