Copy Bible Verses tool, Windows 10, MS Word 2010 - problem

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 162
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 21 2015 10:02 AM

I have a Word document open, go to Logos' Copy Bible Verses tool, and find a verse. I push the Copy and Paste button. Up until now, that would copy the verse(s) into the Word document I'm working on. Now, however, it opens a new document, and copies into that document instead.

I have rebooted. No change. Because of previous problems since Win 10, I have turned off the UAC.

Suggestions? Fixes?

Posts 24730
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2015 6:28 PM

I have no problem with Office 365 (Word 2013) in Win 10

Daniel J. Phillips:
Because of previous problems since Win 10, I have turned off the UAC.

Ensure that neither Logos nor Word are being run "As administrator" (via right click menu on their shortcut) as that affects program to program communication. Also check that neither is being run in Compatibility mode (in Properties from same right click menu).

Finally, I would return to default UAC setting.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 162
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2015 6:34 PM

Thanks for your thoughts, Dave. But it's funny: due to the fact that I could no longer click, drag and drop data from Logos to BW, I was advised to run as administrator. Both do.

I'm not really sure I understand what's behind your suggestions. It sounds as if you're saying, Remove all fixes, and it should be fine. But the fixes were applied because it wasn't fine.

?

Posts 24730
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2015 11:09 PM

Daniel J. Phillips:
I'm not really sure I understand what's behind your suggestions. It sounds as if you're saying, Remove all fixes, and it should be fine

I think the fixes you adopted are not the best (referring to the thread about BW & notepad) i.e. running BW and Logos as Administrator has many issues for Logos (note that Bradley says it is not recommended) - and one of them is this issue with Word.

You'll have to decide whether drag & drop with BW10 is worth more than copy and paste to Word! I recommend having UAC at default setting, and Logos not running with Admin privilige nor any Compatibility setting. Copy and paste to Word should work. If you let BW also run without Admin privilige, does this allow drag and drop? If BW is running at that level by default it is bad behaviour.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 162
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 11:37 AM

Well, Dave,  you're a Magic Man. It took a lot of fiddling, as I'd put on "as admin" on a couple of levels, but in the spirit of "what the heck?", I undid all the fixes.

And now all's well.

Go figure. Solved by a Windows update, or a BW update? No clue.

When I worked in IT support, the ticket might have read "FBM."

Meaning, of course, "Fixed By Magic."

Wink

Posts 24730
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 4:05 PM

Cool

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS