6.6 Beta 2 Feedback: Courses Tool

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 25 2015 12:24 PM

It looks very promising! It seems to me the dropdown however, shows the courses in some sort of random order - I have OT NT and BI courses all mixed together. Two suggestions:

1. It would be nice to have them display in some sort of order - maybe BI, OT, NT and then increasing numbers within each? 

2. The filter is a good idea, but when I type in just NT I get a couple of OT courses at the bottom of the list. Same if I type NT, I get 1 OT at the end of the list. It's because it is finding the NT in "Testament", and OT finds a match on "got" in a title. It might be worth making the filter smarter, ie only search on the course number? Or maybe having a button to select whether I want to filter on course number or title or both?

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 12:49 PM

Don Awalt:
1. It would be nice to have them display in some sort of order

Don Awalt:
It might be worth making the filter smarter, ie only search on the course number? Or maybe having a button to select whether I want to filter on course number or title or both?

Thank you for your feedback. I will create cases for both of these suggestions. Smile

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 2:24 PM

Hi, Don. Thanks for the suggestions. The Courses tool is very much "v 1.0" (or really, "v 0.9"). We intend to incrementally add functionality to it in the coming months.

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 3:57 PM

Angela Murashov:

Don Awalt:
1. It would be nice to have them display in some sort of order

Don Awalt:
It might be worth making the filter smarter, ie only search on the course number? Or maybe having a button to select whether I want to filter on course number or title or both?

Thank you for your feedback. I will create cases for both of these suggestions. Smile

Fixed in 6.6 Beta 3.

Courses in dropdown menu are now sorted alphabetically. 

Fixed the filtering in Courses dropdown menu to order by course number. 

Posts 296
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 4:52 PM
Hi Will the Courses tool work with AM Bible Courseware I am working my way through them I have All the AM courseware hope it will work with them Mick
Mick
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS