BUG? Multiple Resources Horizontal scroll bar

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10867
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 28 2015 3:14 AM

I have six concise commentaries in a Multiple Resource window. I notice that column 3 has an horizontal scroll bar even though all the text is visible. Checked the resource in a separate panel to make sure that columns was set to None. I have another multiple resource window with 5 study Bibles, and the horizontal scroll bar does not appear in any column. Even added a sixth Study Bible without a Horizontal scroll bar.

Posts 2922
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2015 4:44 AM

This is pre-existing normal behavior in resources that have content which can not be resized smaller than a certain width. You can verify this by opening the commentary in a separate panel, then resize it until the horizontal scrollbars appear. If you scroll down just a little from where your screenshot is at, you will find that the text inside the boxes has a minimum width. This was presumably done to help ensure readability, given the indented text.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 10867
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2015 10:57 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
This is pre-existing normal behavior in resources that have content which can not be resized smaller than a certain width.

Added this panel to another layout at Acts 4.13, and the horizontal scroll bar has disappeared.

Posts 2922
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2015 11:09 AM

Jack Caviness:

This is pre-existing normal behavior in resources that have content which can not be resized smaller than a certain width.

Added this panel to another layout at Acts 4.13, and the horizontal scroll bar has disappeared.

That's correct. Parts of the resource that are not near the current view are not loaded, and therefore do not affect the visibility of the scroll bar. Scroll up a page or two to Acts 2 and the scroll bar will show up if your view is narrow enough.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 10867
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2015 7:02 PM

Scroll up a page or two to Acts 2 and the scroll bar will show up if your view is narrow enough.

I see what you mean. Was not sure that this was a bug; hence the ? in the thread's title.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS