Bug while using Basic Search

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 4
Peter Bancroft | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 4 2015 5:18 PM

I have created a special layout which I call TEST. In it, I attempt to due a Basic Search on all open resources, in this case that is 4: a book by Gordon Fee, a book by Douglas Campbell, the Collins English Dictionary, and the King James Bible. The layout opens with a Basic Search on 'justification'. Search Results should show up in all 4 resources, but in fact I get results only in Fee's book. Then I switched to a search on the word 'elect', and the same thing happens.

Previously I had gone through an exercise similar to this with Stephanie from Customer Service using the word 'elect' and the two books by Fee and Campbell. She got results from both those books, while I only from Fee. Also, she had a different number of results on Fee's book from what I got. As I recall I got more on Fee's book than she did!

1440.LogosLogs.bancroft.20150904-200101.zip

Posts 25472
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2015 11:25 PM

Peter Bancroft:
Search Results should show up in all 4 resources, but in fact I get results only in Fee's book. Then I switched to a search on the word 'elect', and the same thing happens.

What happens if you just do a search on a single book? Do you get results then?

If not, you might have an indexing issue.

Peter Bancroft:
Also, she had a different number of results on Fee's book from what I got. As I recall I got more on Fee's book than she did!

This may be due to different settings of the "match all word forms" option (available from the panel icon at the top left of the panel)

As you are running Logos 6 this thread may be moved to that forum where more people will see it and be able to comment

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS